6 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 12:18 AM by GravyKing

R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory

GravyKing

EBS R12.1.3 running on RH Linux (non-RAC).

Two tier configuration with DB on 1 server and CCM, admin, forms, etc on a 2nd server.

I am preparing to change server and domain name and am referring to Doc ID 1277556.1

1. DB Tier

What I have noticed is I am missing the clone subdirectory under appsutil when it says to run adclonectx.pl.

Now I just recently upgraded this instance from 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 and if I compare it to other

instances I have I see they do have the clone subdirectory so I am now just wondering what step I must have missed.

I have:

- run "perl $AD_TOP/bin/admkappsutil.pl" on my app tier

- copied the appsutil.zip file it created to my db tier's $ORACLE_HOME

- unzip -o appsutil.zip

- run perl adbldxml.pl

- and run perl adconfig.pl

So I see that generates the scripts, install, out and temp subdirectories but no clone folder.

Looks like I can just as easily edit my context file but wondering why this would be?

I've searched for some other posts like this but nothing seems to match.

Update:

Looks like I just needed to run 'perl adpreclone.pl dbTier'?

I got this from [ID 603883.1] which is similar but talking about adding an hostname alias.

Message was edited by: user6445925

• 1. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
          Bashar.

Hi,

You must run the pre-clone script on the new home.

cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/<SID>

perl adpreclone.pl dbTier

You may also need to run it on the apps tier if you have not done so recently:

cd <COMMON_TOP>/admin/scripts/<SID>

perl adpreclone.pl appsTier

Regards,

Bashar

• 2. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
            GravyKing

Thanks Bashar but one more question.

3. APPS Tier: Deregister the current Applications server

On the App Tier when I go to deregister the server the guide says to:

cd $APPL_TOP/admin
            perl $AD_TOP/bin/adgentns.pl appspass=<APPSpwd> contextfile=./<SID>_oldhost.xml -removeserver

But that's not where my contextfile is so it errors?  Shouldn't I be referring it to $INST_TOP/appl/admin?

• 3. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
              Bashar.

Hi,

In R12, It is found in $INST_TOP as you said.

Just to be on the safe side, check the $APPL_TOP/admin if there are any context files.

Run the command from the old $INST_TOP.

Regards,

Bashar

• 4. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
                GravyKing

Reviving this post if that's ok as I have a couple more questions.

As mentioned I'm referring to Doc ID 1277556.1 for how to change hostname on a single node.

Now in my case I have two nodes - db server and app server but I think it is basically the same with a few adjustments and my primary goal is to change the server domain name of both servers but I may also change the server name of the database server as it does not conform to our newer naming standard.

So if I change the db server name I will also have to:

- edit sqlnet.ora, listener.ora and <SID_server_ifile.ora

- along with providing a DNS entry

Plus won't I need to run FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN to remove the old autoconfig entires?  Then run adautocfg.sh on both tiers?

• 5. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
                  Bashar.

Hi,

I'll provide you with a quick suggestion on this and we can revise it later.

1. Run the setup_clean procedure.
                  2. Change the hostname and domain of the db server.
                  3. Run adcfgclone.pl on the db tier to create a new context file.
                  4. Run AutoConfig on DB tier.
                  5. Change the hostname and domain of the application server.
                  6. Run adcfgclone.pl on the apps tier to create a new context file.
                  7. Run AutoConfig on the apps tier.

Regards,

Bashar

• 6. Re: R12.1.3 missing appsutil/clone directory
                    GravyKing

ok thanks Bashar.

I'm gonna run through this on Sunday when we have a maintenance window and see how it goes

If you think of anything prior to then that we may be missing let me know.

Update:

Seems to be working but I did struggle as I just wasn't sure what perl script to run on the db tier as in should it be "adcfgclone.pl dbTier"?

I ended up using the notes I had with "adclonectx.pl contextfile=xxx" and then ran adconfig.sh contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE.

I did have to duplicate my <SID>_servername directory where my TNS_ADMIN lives as well but fingers crossed it's all good tomorrow.