3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 8:28 AM by Bashar.

CLEANING UP THE SYSTEM – 11I AND R12

Ramaraju

Hi all,

Which log files and trace files can be clean in EBS R11i & R12? Here we require free space on the system.

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 1. Re: CLEANING UP THE SYSTEM – 11I AND R12
          ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

please see

Cleaning up the system – 11i and R12 | Persistent Storage Solutions

For Concurrent Manager log files, it is recommended you use "Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data" concurrent request with "Entity = ALL" parameter.

Concurrent Processing - How To Run the Purge Concurrent Request FNDCPPUR, Which Tables Are Purged, And Known Issues Like Files Are Not Deleted From File System or Slow Performance [ID 822368.1]

Purge Concurrent Requests/Manager Data, FNDCPPUR, Not Removing Files From Filesystem [ID 1060707.1]

How to Run the Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data Program and Which Tables Does it Purge? [ID 154850.1]

Cleaning An 11i Apps Instance Of Redundant Files (Doc ID 274666.1)(applicable for r12 )

$APPLTMP Files not being cleaned out Files Get Created In The $APPLTMP Directory And Fills The Drive [ID 730342.1]

EBS R12 Oracle Reports Cache Directory Not Being Cleaned Up [ID 1062825.1]

Reports Cache Directory in Oracle E-Business R12 is Growing Rapidly [ID 859255.1]

ApPsMaStI

sharing is Caring

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CLEANING UP THE SYSTEM – 11I AND R12
            Ramaraju

Thank you for sharing such an information. These Docs related to all EBS like R11i, R12 & R12.2?

And when I will do these? means for every week or month?

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 3. Re: CLEANING UP THE SYSTEM – 11I AND R12
              Bashar.

Hi,

It depends on how you use the system.

If you reschedule requests at frequent intervals such as every 30 minutes then you will have thousands of files in a matter of a week.

If you are using BI Publisher and the users generate files with RTF format then there will be some files with large sizes.

If there are requests with optional parameters and/or the users enter a range of dates that covers months or a year then you might get huge files.

If you enable file system debugging for long periods then you will get a lot of large files.

As a general rule, you should schedule the purge concurrent requests to run every week.

For the rest of the cleanup operations, it might be sufficient if you do them on a monthly basis.

Regards,

Bashar

1 person found this helpful