3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 1:30 PM by Kj - Kiran Jadhav

Query regarding autoconfig and contextfile

Hi Apps DBAs,

I am from core DBA background and new to Apps DBA. I have following question.

We have EBS R12.1.3 env... Multinode App Tier with RAC DB...

App Node1: imjorap1

App Node2: imjorap2

Before running autoconfig, I ran adchkcfg.sh from node1, in order to see, what and all changes it gonna do, when i run autoconfig, and I see following few differences text report for Database.

Difference report for Database:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Profile Value Changes

=====================

The following profile values will be changed during the next normal execution of AutoConfig.

Profile Name: CN_IMP_SERVER_PATH
      Current Value: /APPL_TOP/imdp/apps/admin/logs/appl/conc/inbound/IMDP_imjorap2/
      AutoConfig Value: /APPL_TOP/imdp/apps/admin/logs/appl/conc/inbound/IMDP_imjorap1/
      Profile Level: SECURITY (Site)
      Updating File: cncmprf.sql

Profile Name: AMS_IMP_DATA_PATH

AutoConfig Value: /APPL_TOP/imdp/apps/admin/logs/appl/conc/inbound/IMDP_imjorap1/

Updating File: amscmprf.sql

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In the above txt file, I see, references of node2 (imjorap2) is getting updated to node1 (imjorap1) wherever applicable.. This triggers me following questions..

1. Does Inst_top should be on shared filesystem across multi nodes? what is the best practice? My context file is under inst_top. Is it configured correctly?

2. Does context_file should be same across multi nodes?

3. If this is correct configuration, then TWO_TASK or in some tops files or profile values will have the configuration of node whose autoconfig executed lastly.

Please suggest.

• 1. Re: Query regarding autoconfig and contextfile
          Bashar.

Hi,

The APPL_TOP is the folder that can be shared between instances.

1. The INST_TOP and TechStack should be on separate folders either on each server or in a shared location.
          2. No. each node must have its own context file.
          3. I'm not sure about this but the profile option values should be configured for each server (server level) differently.

Regards,

Bashar

• 2. Re: Query regarding autoconfig and contextfile

Thanks Bashar, for ur reply

My Question is:

When I ran adchkcfg.sh from node1, in order to see, what and all differences, then I see few of the following

Difference report for Database:

Profile Value Changes

=====================

The following profile values will be changed during the next normal execution of AutoConfig.

Profile Name: CN_IMP_SERVER_PATH
            Updating File: cncmprf.sql

Profile Name: AMS_IMP_DATA_PATH

Updating File: amscmprf.sql

As we can see from above, current value has references to node2 i.e,

So, when we run autoconfig from node1, it will change from node2 to node1. So, does that mean, profile will have values of last ran autoconfig node name?

• 3. Re: Query regarding autoconfig and contextfile
              Kj - Kiran Jadhav

Hi,

So, when we run autoconfig from node1, it will change from node2 to node1. So, does that mean, profile will have values of last ran autoconfig node name?

Yes, there are some profile options which gets updated.

Please see below notes:

- All the URLs Accessing EBS Are Getting Redirected to the Web Node Where Autoconfig Last Ran (Doc ID 1349509.1)

- It is Necessary to Run Autoconfig On Internal Application Server after Running on DMZ Application Servers? (Doc ID 1460195.1)

Regards,

Kiran