3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 12:16 AM by Mohammed Ahmad

Cannot update Incomplete requisition created from Req Import / Min max planning

User255667

Hello,

We just upgraded to R12 and we do not have the same behaviour from the 11i regarding the update of a requisition.

Here is the context:

From the min-max planning program, we have a list of items under the min-max for a particular subinventory.

After the Requisition Import has been launched, the requisition is created but we cannot update the requisition as before.

For example, in 11i, we had the ability to change the item code to put another one. But now, it greyed out and the only solution is to delete the line and create it from scratch.

I did not find any Metalink note. Hope anyone can help.

Many thanks to all.

Regards,

Alex

• 1. Re: Cannot update Incomplete requisition created from Req Import / Min max planning
          Mohammed Ahmad

Hello,

Generally, regardless the source of REQ, item cannot be changed in saved requisition line; this is standard functionality.

Please check the following note:

Cannot Modify Item Field on an Incomplete Requisition (Doc ID 189831.1)

Regards

• 2. Re: Cannot update Incomplete requisition created from Req Import / Min max planning
            User255667

Hi,

Thank you for you answer.

I read that note too. Only it concerns 11i and does not match my issue.

On 11i, when I did a req import from min-max planning, I had the ability to change the item directly : the field was not greyed out...

Alex

• 3. Re: Cannot update Incomplete requisition created from Req Import / Min max planning
              Mohammed Ahmad

User255667 wrote:

I read that note too. Only it concerns 11i and does not match my issue.

Hello

What does this mean?

It clearly states that upon saving a requisition line, item number cannot be updated; and this is a fact in Oracle Purchasing 11.0 and onwards

Now let me explain further what this note inherently says

• When you enter a requisition manually, upon successful save of a record it will automatically populate PO_REQ_DISTRIBUTIONS_V
              • Likewise, when you successfully import requisitions (from PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL) either from 'INV' and/or 'MRP' sources, by definition, requisition header, lines, and distribution tables will be successfully populated too; this is the ideal situation of bug-free process.   

Accordingly, in either case you will not be able to update item_id in requisition lines that have requisitions distribution(s)

How to check this?

• query for a min-max imported incomplete requisition (source = INV)
              • delete the distribution(s) for x requisition line
              • Save and require the requisition
              • The item of x line (with null distributions) is assumed to be updatable now

If you were able to update items directly in r11i min-max imported requisitions, then I am afraid that there was something wrong

Indeed, there is a bug related to 11i about importing null distributions; please check:

Bug 5108186 : DATAFIX: REQUISITIONS ARE CREATED WITH NO DISTRIBUTIONS

If you still have concerns about this issue

Please log a SR; otherwise, close this discussion

Regards