4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 3:08 AM by SK

How to retain report(analysis) prompt values when navigate back to prompts

SK

Hi there,

I would need your help on how to retain analysis prompt values when user click on back button (that we have created) with recent entred values instead of enterint again. This is not for dashboard I think if it is dashboard it will by setting scope of the dashboard prompt.

But we have requirement for anaysis prompts (or inline prompts or report prompts) to keep previous values.

Your help is greatly apprecated and thanks in advance.

regards,

Sk

• 1. Re: How to retain report(analysis) prompt values when navigate back to prompts
          SK

Can someone help and guide on this question?

• 2. Re: How to retain report(analysis) prompt values when navigate back to prompts
            Maraprik

Please use action link.

if you are navigating from a particular field to another page then when you navigate back the prompt and the report would carry the detail values resulting from the navigation

for example

if you have a name prompt

say you have a name field along with its address in the report

if you have navigation to another page enabled in this field, then the second page would be filtered by the name and the addrress. Now if you use action link to navigate back the parent dashboard would be filtered by name and address of the person whom you clicked to navigate from.

Hope its clear.

• 3. Re: How to retain report(analysis) prompt values when navigate back to prompts
              SK

Hi Maraprik,

Thanks for your propmt response on this.

This thing is I am not talking about Dashboard here at all, the question here is only on Answers/anaysis prompts (inline or report prompts), . Lets say we have two analysis prompts for one analysis and saved the analysis in shared folder, when user selects to run that analysis he/she should click on either OPEN or EDIT then it will show two prompts to enter and gives results accordingly. But when user click on GO button ( I customzed this button to go back to the prompts to select diff values) it will take to those two prompts and selects diff values. The question here is when going back to prompts those two prompts are refreshing I mean it is not retaining the previous values that user entered before.

So I am looking to maintain or retain old values entered before so that would help to select or add additional values along with previous values to get results, I hope this helps to understand my question,. sorry my question not that clear in previos post.

Thanks in advance.

Sk

• 4. Re: How to retain report(analysis) prompt values when navigate back to prompts
                SK

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if there are any ways to retain analysis prompt values when go back to prompts, appreciate your help.