10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 2:27 PM by rukbat

Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi all,

EBS R12.2.4

RHEL 6.5

An Oracle Consultant has installed VISION instance using Rapid wizard for our demo testing.

After which,  I was task to install the CRP instance using Rapid wizard to start our CRP setup/testing.

To my dismay, some of the  functional test gets error in CRP but runs good in VISION.

I suspect I may have missed some major patches or applied the wrong patch while installing the apps?

How do I check which patch is missing or wrongly applied, by comparing the two instance?

For comparison, there are invalid objects ins CRP which is valid VISION  example is the package APPS.IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB

The cause is the inconsistent table IBY_DOCS_PAYABLE_VAL_GT from CRP and Vision which have different structures. There are missing columns in CRP:

INT_BANK_BRANCH_TYPE
      EXT_BANK_BRANCH_TYPE

Please help how to find the patch that will correct these table inconsistencies.

Thanks a lot,

JC

• 1. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
          yoonas

JC,

Did you use same installation media for both Vision/CRP ? Did you have same set of patches applied to both instance?

See installation documents and implentation guide for relevant module to see any specific steps needs to be executed affter setting up a new instance.

R12 : how to compare patches between two differnets environnements

Troubleshooting Guide - invalid objects in the E-Business Suite Environment 11i and 12 (Doc ID 1325394.1)

Top Adpatch Patching Issues For Release 11i And 12.x (Doc ID 1444322.1)

You could also post functional issues you are facing in relavant dedicated  OTN/MOS forums

Regards

Yoonas

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
            Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks yoonas

Afaik we used the same 12.2.4 installer. But I am not sure if we follow the same path, or missed one.

The functionals has already posted their issues but to no avail. The fact the table structures are inconsistent means a very serious error.

Thanks a lot.

• 3. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
              yoonas

Make suere you have not missed any steps or required patches using installation upgrade notes for your platform, you could also check with consultant document and steps he/she followed

To know recommended patches for the module in question you could also use patch wizard.

Doing a search with 'IBY_DOCS_PAYABLE_VAL_GT' gives many support notes like Doc ID 1905162.1, you may even check if any of those applicable

• 4. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks yoonas, sometimes I want to try to add the missing columns so that the package will get valid

SQL> select owner,object_type,status from dba_objects where object_name='IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB';

OWNER                          OBJECT_TYPE         STATUS

------------------------------ ------------------- -------

APPS                           PACKAGE             VALID

APPS                           PACKAGE BODY        INVALID

SQL> alter package  IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB compile;

Warning: Package altered with compilation errors.

/ef219f2d_JservAdminHelper     JAVA CLASS            1          0          0

ORA-29552: verification warning: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: oracle/

apps/fnd/common/ias/JservAdminHelper (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

ERROR                  0

/d3f60181_TrackHandler         JAVA CLASS            1          0          0

ORA-29552: verification warning: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: oracle/

apps/fnd/common/TrackHandler (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

ERROR                  0

/bcbbc957_JservInfo            JAVA CLASS            1          0          0

apps/fnd/common/ias/JservInfo (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

ERROR                  0

/8e50a10f_EffectivityUtilities JAVA CLASS            1          0          0

apps/cz/utilities/EffectivityUtilities (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

ERROR                  0

/4c74d2e6_JservDescriptor      JAVA CLASS            1          0          0

apps/fnd/common/ias/JservDescriptor (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

ERROR                  0

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          1       2439         43

PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "DOCS"."EXT_BANK_BRANCH_TYPE": invalid identifier

ERROR                  0

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          2       2386          1

PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

ERROR                  0

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          3       2384          9

PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is incomplete or malfo

rmed

ERROR                320

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          4       2382          2

PL/SQL: Item ignored

ERROR                  0

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          5       6845          7

PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "EXT_BANK_BRANCH_TYPE": invalid identifier

ERROR                  0

IBY_VALIDATIONSETS_PUB         PACKAGE BODY          6       6792         13

PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

ERROR                  0

11 rows selected.

• 5. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                  yoonas

I don't think this is the way to be going about it. Trial and error method may fix this issue something else will come up later which will be more difficult to currect at time. For sure you don't want this kind of trail and error steps during production implementation.

If you followed all the steps and done other setup correct, log an SR with higher level severity if you really want quick reply from support team

• 6. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                    Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks yoonas,

I will try to apply the patch  p18251552_R12.IBY.C_R12_GENERIC.zip first per ID 1905162.1,  and get back the result.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                      Beauty_and_dBest

Hi yoonas,

I applied the patch using adop hotpatch=yes. And it was successful. But still the package can not be compiled as valid.

Please help...

Thanks.

• 8. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                        yoonas

I am not sure how to continue without instruction, as other note instruct to apply this patch. I would try applying the patch in normal way (when I don't have time constraints)

Feel like logging an SR may help resolve issue faster.

This is intersting too https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/ten_ways_of_using_isetup_to_st

Have not worked on that yet , but your comparison question triggered an interest to know ways to compare instances

• 9. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?
                          Srini Chavali-Oracle

I have, once again, deleted contents of MOS Patch that you have posted above. Your previous account (https://community.oracle.com/people/MariaKarpa%28MK%29/content?customTheme=otn) was inactivated because you continue to flaunt rules of these forums and MOS.

• 10. Re: Missing Patch for EBS R12.2 Rapid Install?

Moderator Action:

Thread locked.

O.P. has repeatedly flaunted the web site guidelines and posted the contents of MOS documents, among other actions.

They know better.

Multiple accounts have been deactivated because of that behavior.

( Yxes2009, Yxes2011, Petra-K, Maria_Karpa(MK), and now this Jenna_C account.)