4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 11:51 PM by aJohny

Deploying 12.2.4 application: Could not load application

Dorian Medina

Hi All

I was facing error: "oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Could not load application module" and the solution was to bounce web server, but the documentation doesn't talk about bouncing...

I followed the next steps to deploy my app:

1. Copy files at $JAVA_TOP/xxcompany  (We use the stantard recomendation)

2. Change privileges: chmod -R 775 $JAVA_TOP/xxcompany

3. Run "adcgnjar" utility: adcgnjar

4. Import OAF pages to MDS: java oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.XMLImporter $JAVA_TOP/xxcompany/oracle/apps/xbol/TimeCard/security/webui/LoginPG.xml -username apps -password apps -dbconnection "$AD_APPS_JDBC_URL" -rootdir $JAVA_TOP

5. Edit the file “$APPL_TOP_NE/ad/custom/adop_sync.drv”. Add the following entry in the section marked by the '#Begin Customization' and '#End Customization' comments

rsync -zr %s_current_base%/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/xgsg %s_other_base%/EBSapps/comn/java/classes

At this point doc says that it must work... but not! oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Could not load application module

We bounce web server and everything worked!!!

We missed something?

But the aditional question is about "adop" the doc says: a) execute "adop phase=prepare" before step 1, and, b) execute "adop phase=cutover" after step 5.

My DBA says it isn't necesary (and he was right because bounce was enough).

So... Why the doc says: execute adop?

Some suggestions?? ocol, DilipG, Fernando Barros-Oracle, aJohny

Thx