1 2 3 4 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 3:18 PM by garywicke Go to original post
      • 45. Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
        CKPT
        ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_APSMDMP1STBY = ON

While reviewing , i saw the parameter you have set on standby and on primary as well. With that parameter there will be no changes/modifications will be accepted until unless you reload the listener after changing in listener.ora file.

I would suggest you to reload or remove the parameter for now to test.

I have asked you for any parameters configured in sqlnet.ora, if any of them available please do paste here.

Please confirm what is the service_name used in Oracle net service of standby? have you reverted ? Because we are following thread on earlier suggestions but not from beginning.

Thanks.

• 46. Re: Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
          garywicke

Hi Nassyam

Thanks for your persistence with this issue.  If I've missed giving you any data I'm sorry and will provide whatever I've left out.

I have turned off the below parameter and reloaded the listener:

ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_APSMDMP1STBY = OFF

I also reset the SERVICE_NAME in the Primary TNSNAMES.ORA file to 'APSMDMP1STBY'.

This seems to be the key at the moment.

I was SUCCESSFUL at connecting from the Primary to the Standby when this parameter was set to 'OFF'.  

I set the ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_APSMDMP1STBY = ON back and tried the connection again and got:

SQL> conn sys@apsmdmp1stby as sysdba

Enter password:

ERROR:

ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

I'm going to leave it for now and research if it's a security risk according to our standards.

I'm not sure how this was working before but that's for tomorrow.

I can't thank you, Michael and 'rchem' enough for all your help!!

I've learned a lot during this exercise so I see it as a net positive experience even though I've probably aged a few extra years!!

I'm closing this thread as it's grown way too large for it's own good.  I'll post any new information over the next couple of days as I learn more about why this configuration used to work and then broke.

Thanks again everyone.

-gary

• 47. Re: Re: Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
            garywicke

Nassyam and all

It seems the SERVICE_NAMES parameter is not the cause of the issue.

I set it to 'APSMDMP1STBY' in the TNSNAMES.ORA file of the Primary but received the error noted above when trying to connect to the Standby 'as sysdba'.

It seems the key is setting ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_APSMDMP1STBY = OFF

I'll research this more tomorrow and report my results.

-gary

• 48. Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
              garywicke

Well we're back broken again.

Doesn't look like it was the LISTENER.ORA parameter either.

I'm now looking at our network team for issues between the 2 sites.

I'll update the thread when I know more.

Rats!

-gary

• 49. Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
                garywicke

Well it looks like they won't let me reply any more as it gets rejects as 'spam'!!!

-gary

• 50. Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
                  Hemant K Chitale

The spam filter searches for keywords in your post.  You could try identifying sensitive words in the post and changing them.

Hemant K Chitale

• 51. Re: Error 1034 received logging on to the standby - yes another one
                    garywicke

Thanks Hemant!

I was just trying to let everyone know that this issue seems to have been a NETWORK problem that was never communicated and still hasn't been.

The transfer just started working one day late last week and has worked fine ever since.

I appreciate everyone's comments and helpful suggestions and the time they spent trying to help me.

Thanks very much!

-gary

1 2 3 4 Previous Next