This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
What is your NLS_LANG setting on the machine where PO is installed?
What is your NLS_LANG setting on the machine where PO is installed?Previously, NLS_LANG was set to "NA". For testing, I changed it to "german_germany.we8iso8859p1", but it doesn't make any difference.
In that case I would expect the driver to have picked it up from the regional settings (under the control panel). Obviously that wasn't happening so it must simply be a bug. Searched MetaLink and I found bug# 2106166 on this.
In that case I would expect the driver to have picked it up from the regional settingsI do not have a MetaLink account, since I am a third-party developer, and not using Oracle myself. What does this bug mean? Do you have any suggestion?
(under the control panel). Obviously that wasn't happening so it must simply be a bug.
Searched MetaLink and I found bug# 2106166 on this.
Were you finally able to make it work ?
If yes, could you please tell me how, I am experiencing the exact same problem.
thx in advance,
This is actually a duplicate of bug# 1938991 which says:
"A 'Numeric settings' option has been added to the Application Options page of the ODBC Configuration screen so that the user can choose what numeric settings will be used in receiving and returning numeric data that is bound as strings. This option allows the user to choose Oracle NLS settings (the default setting and the behavior in former releases), Microsoft default regional settings (to provide a way to mirror the Oracle OLE DB driver's behavior for greater interoperability) and US numeric settings, which are necessary when using MS Access or DAO in non-US environments. In this case, setting the Numeric settings to US settings should resolve the issue, since DAO is expecting the data in US format."
Apparently the fixed release is 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 depending on your client version.