For complete isolation, use separate GI/cluster for the second EBS install
1) Use same grid infrastructure and create DB for 2nd instance in same cluster. (how?)
You can't have two Grid Infrastructure installations running in the same cluster. And there is no need for two either. One GI installation is capable of handling multiple instances.
As you have good resources on servers, I would suggest you go with both databases on Same servers (RAC one, with same GI) and conurrrent tier/application tier on same boxes for both instances.
Is it possible to create two RAC cluster in same grid install i.e 1 SCAN IP and different VIPs? We plan on creating separate disk groups for both EBS instances.
Correct me if i am wrong, i am new to RAC and need help from experts
This is what we are doing. Actually we have 4 servers and among which 2 would be for DB and 2 for Apps. My query was if single GI would accommodate two different RAC instances. If yes, then saying 1 SCAN IP and different VIPs is correct or not?
Not same GI in one cluster. Multiple cluster in same GI?
1 person found this helpful
you can proceed like following for one instance of EBS then do similar operations for 2nd one on same Grid. Check following link. It has detailed setup info EBS on RAC
High level steps are:
- Install and Setup Grid Infrastructure on 2-node cluster.
- Create the ASM Diskgroups DATA and FRA with sufficient size.
- Install theSoftware for the Database Homeon this Cluster.
- Install EBS using Rapid Install on Database Node 1 (Out of the BOX Non-RAC installation on 1 node
- Install EBS using Rapid Install on Apps Nodes.
- Convert the non-RAC 11gR1 database to RAC Database.
We are doing similar setup. Thanks for help!