You can do "clear cache" from the functional administrator responsibility
Restart the application services.
"Did you compile the menu" well there was a concurrent program that took care of that and it finished with no issues.
"Did you bounce application services after menu was compiled successfully ?" what do you mean? please explain.
Clear Cache?! What does that accomplish?
Also regarding restarting the application services (seems there are many, do i restart all of them? ), could you please provide a link showing how to do that?
I tried the Cache clearing thing + Logged out/In but no luck.
How did you do the cache clearing?
The shutdown and startup is done using the scripts adstpall.sh and adstrtal.sh.
"How did you do the cache clearing?"
I went to functional admin -> Core Services -> Caching Framework -> Global Configurations -> Clear All Cache -> Apply.
"The shutdown and startup is done using the scripts adstpall.sh and adstrtal.sh."....do i need direct access over the systems on which the EBS Instance is installed to do that?
If so i would not be able to run those scripts because our instances are managed by a consulting company and i don't have such access over the Instance.
But i do have a vision instance (win server 2003 + vision r12.1 ) and i would like to try it to see if it will really solve the problem.
Can you please give me the path and instructions on how to run those scripts?
You don't need to restart all application services and running "adopmnctl.sh shutdown" followed by "adopmnctl.sh startall" would be sufficient.
Sorry for the late response ....i sent over this post to our DBAs to see if it will work..meanwhile i got a working vision instance running ebs r12.1 on windows sever 2003.
i tried doing the same thing and faced the same problem...so i tried looking for the script file you pointed out. i found a file with the name "adopmnctl" but it had cmd extension "adopmnctl.cmd"...i ran it with "adopmnctl.cmd stop" & "adopmnctl.start" as you pointed out...but apparently some things went wrong, let me show you :
Here i am attempting to run the script to stop the services.
apparently something went wrong:
since the last step had errors, naturally things went wrong here:
As you can see, the browser is not showing anything anymore:
so instead i restarted the system...thinking it might have the same effect but no luck, the menu is still there and we are back to square one!!!
I am not sure whether you tried this workaround.
You can use the Menu Exclusions on the Define Responsibility screen to exclude the menu items for the responsibility.
You can test the same and update the status.
If there was a better way i would want to follow it...and then i found out that Oracle had provided the method described in the link posted above which if applied
would reduce the amount of wok involved a lot, hence why i am going through all this trouble to try it.