0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 11:52 AM by 980156

OBIEE 11.9 - analytics ear changes effect on SAML2?

HI All,

We are trying to implement the SSO by using the SAML approach on j2ee App-OBIEE11.9 .

In OBIEE11.1.9 -the Analytic s.ear modified compared to earlier versions of OBIEE(i.e OBIEE11.1.7) .We observed one more new project added into the analytic.ear in OBIEE11.1.9

OBIEE11.1.7 -Analytic.ear have 3 different project as shown below

analytics

analytics_WEB

analytics-ws

OBIEE11.1.9 -Analytic.ear have 4 different project as shown below

analytics

analytics_WEB

analytics_WEB1

analytics-ws

As part of SAML2 SSO implementations on (OBIEE11.1.9 )we need to modify the web.xml and weblogic.xml files .

i.e We need to grant groups access to the Analytics application in the standard JavaEE way, i.e., by adding a security-constraint to any resource under the analytics web context in web.xml. Additionally, we must map the role name in the security-constraint to those groups in weblogic.xml.

FYI :http://fusionsecurity.blogspot.in/2012/06/integrating-obiee-11g-into-weblogics.html( Saml2 sso Approach)

We have tried to  modify the web/weblogic.xml files  under the analytic_WEB project and packaged as analytics.ear project.(On this approach , OBIEE styles not displayed on browser)

Similarly we also tried to modify the web/weblogic.xml on the analytic_WEB1 project . issue still exist .(With this approach we are getting ..Signing ... message on browser)

We would like to know any limitations on modification in web/weblogic.xml ? or  any limitations on SAML2 approach usage with OBIEE11.9 ?.

Appreciate on inputs

Thanks