1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 9:52 AM by 966638

Java version in R12

Hi,

JRE version installed in EBS system is jre 1.7.0_40. But most of windows clients upgraded to 1.7.0_75 in our company.    EBS version- R12.1.3

Now the foms is not launching in all clients where java version 1.7.0_75.

Please suggest how I can make the system to use the latest java version.?

Thanks,

Sal

• 1. Re: Java version in R12
          yoonas

Sal,

Can you see any errors while launching with latest jre?

May be you can  enable tracing and check

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/jre_7u75_ebs

Please suggest how I can make the system to use the latest java version.?

Doc ID 393931.1 , please find General Technology Issues/Application Freeze/Hang Issues under known issues section

Regards

Yoonas

• 2. Re: Java version in R12

Can you see any errors while launching with latest jre?   -> No error, but when try to launch form, it is asking to install java 1.7.0_40.

Without installing version1.7.0_40, how I can launch forms with existing version 1.7.0_75.

• 3. Re: Java version in R12
              yoonas

Had a look at the MOS note provided?

The steps are outlined in the note as mentioned in my previous post

• 4. Re: Java version in R12

Thanks for the note. I had already gone through this and in the steps: ( Different Users run different JRE Releases across the JRE 6 Stream and  Different Users run different JRE Releases from Multiple JRE Streams) , in appsweb.cfg, i can see

sun_plugin_classid and value is sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0040-ABCDEFFEDCBA.

I didn't get a clear picture  here, If I set value to "sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0075-ABCDEFFEDCBA" will resolve issue?

• 5. Re: Java version in R12
                  Bashar.

Hi,

By following the below document you can update the JRE version required by the application:

Deploying JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 393931.1)

For your case, you will need to run this command:

$FND_TOP/bin/txkSetPlugin.sh 17075

Regards,

Bashar

• 6. Re: Java version in R12
                    Bashar.

Even if you change the appsweb.cfg file, it will be overwritten next time you run AutoConfig.

• 7. Re: Java version in R12
                      yoonas

I think updating autoconfig variable (context_file) sun_clsid oa_var will fix overwriting issue once autoconfig is run.

Which is given in the note as special note

• 8. Re: Java version in R12

in autoconfig file also the same:  <sun_clsid oa_var="s_sun_clsid">CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0040-ABCDEFFEDCBA</sun_clsid>

Please correct me which one I have to put in both appsweb and autoconfig:

a) "sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0040-ABCDEFFEDCBA"

or

b)"sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0075-ABCDEFFEDCBA"

• 9. Re: Java version in R12
                          yoonas

a) "sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0040-ABCDEFFEDCBA"

i think you will have to go with CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA so that it will accept any version of jre in 1.7.XX stream

So that you can use any Jre stream of 1.7

b) "sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0075-ABCDEFFEDCBA"

If you want go with 75 you will have to deploy jre 75 at server level also so that every user will be prompted for automatic download of 1.7.0_75.

• 10. Re: Java version in R12

Thanks for the update.

I have updated like 'CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA'. still it is asking to install 7.0_40.

• 11. Re: Java version in R12
                              yoonas

please post output of

grep sun_clsid $CONTEXT_FILE

grep sun_plugin_class $INST_TOP/ora/10.1.2/forms/server/appsweb.cfg

if you have just changed using autoconfig editor you will have to run autoconfig to propagate this to appsweb.cfg else you can update both places and try.

Close all current session and open new browser sessions

• 12. Re: Java version in R12

grep sun_clsid $CONTEXT_FILE

<sun_clsid oa_var="s_sun_clsid">CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA</sun_clsid>

grep sun_plugin_class $INST_TOP/ora/10.1.2/forms/server/appsweb.cfg

sun_plugin_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA

• 13. Re: Java version in R12
                                  yoonas

Looks fine to me

Whats is client os and browser version?

I have updated like 'CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA'. still it is asking to install 7.0_40.

Even though you have higher version on the client ??

All clients are behaving same way?

Tried any other version other than 75

Just for testing can you check what is happening if you change to

CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0075-ABCDEFFEDCBA

• 14. Re: Java version in R12
                                    Saroj Dash

Option 1:

You may use dynamic class id , Refer to below MOS for details:

Deploying JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 393931.1) [Refer to below section: 2. Different Users run different JRE Releases across the JRE 6 Stream]

Follow below steps to change to dynamic classid:

1. Update context parameter s_sun_clsid in Context File.

2. Run Autoconfig.

3. verify changes in appsweb.cfg

Option 2:

You may also configure your application to use different version of JRE. Suppose your application is configured for 1.6.0_37 and you also want to use 1.7.0_41 because some users have version 1.7.0_41 installed on thier machine.

1. Update appsweb.cfg to include the entries for 1.7.0_41 ---> This may get overwritten during autoconfig run , so you can retain this by creating custom templates present in $FND_TOP/admin/template.

2. Place the j2se executable version 1.7.0_41 on apps tier

3. update user level profile option for ICX:FORMS Launcher to use version 1.7.0_41

Do let me know if you found this helpful and need more details on Option 2.

Thanks,

Saroj

1 2 Previous Next