1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 9:37 AM by rmoff

Aggregate Persistence Wizard

Hi Community,

I have a question regarding the aggregate persistence wizard, I have managed to generate the script for my aggregate dimensions and aggregate fact.

Steps done to run the srcipt is middlewarehome/instances/instance_n/bifoundation/OracleBIApplication/coreapplication/setup/.bi-init.sh

then run nqcmd and passed all the parameter to execute the script and bellow is the error. please assist.

create aggregates

"ag_Facts_WMS_Movem"

for "WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Facts - WMS Movements - PUOM"("Stock on Hand - PQTY")

at levels ("WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Warehouse"."Area", "WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Product"."Product Detail")

using connection pool "Oracle Data Warehouse"."Oracle Data Warehouse Connection Pool"

in "Oracle Data Warehouse".."APP"

create aggregates

"ag_Facts_WMS_Movem"

for "WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Facts - WMS Movements - PUOM"("Stock on Hand - PQTY")

at levels ("WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Warehouse"."Area", "WMS (Aladdin and Serenity)"."Product"."Product Detail")

using connection pool "Oracle Data Warehouse"."Oracle Data Warehouse Connection Pool"

in "Oracle Data Warehouse".."APP"

[10058][State: S1000] [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: S1000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred.

Statement preparation failed

Processed: 2 queries

Encountered 1  errors

• 1. Re: Aggregate Persistence Wizard
          rmoff

APW is notoriously difficult to debug. You have to go and check the nqserver.log and nqquery.log files to see what the cause of the error was. Watch out though, the APW doesn't always do a clean rollback of changes that it's made. Depending on where it failed, you may need to manually remove the tables it's created from the RPD and/or the database.