1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 9:06 AM by 2847264

How Forms personalizations (& Request group customizations) work with Roles in User Management?

Hi guys, i hope you are having a nice day.

Via user management by using Roles & Grants ,you can reduce this figure (with 4 responsibilities with newly created sub menus from some original menus)

to this (with only 2 responsibilities while using the original menus but only working ) :

which is very good for administrators as it means less maintenance work.

Now to my situation: Personalization, in my org, was done based on responsibilities. For example, they would make something user vs something super user with the super user having more privileges in these cases:

1. Access within functions...the normal user would've some items hidden, disabled for them (Forms Personalization). So how do grants work with personalization on both web (self-service) & normal java forms?
      2. Access over Reports....usually super users have more reports to run than normal users. So how do i control who views what with Grants using only a single Group?
      3. Access over functions...do you get to access the form at all which can be controlled from the menus form (I don't have any question here, just saying what else changes).

Please tell me what do i do to control these issues? If at all possible, give me links to tutorials or any helpful links

Thanks for your efforts in advance,,,

Regards,,,

• 1. Re: How Forms personalizations (& Request group customizations) work with Roles in User Management?

I found the solution to the first part of the question, of how to make existing personalization work with roles.

The idea is simple: let's say that we want to limit the personalization to those who only have the HR_MANAGER role.

1) Get the current user.

2) Check the roles associated with the current user and whether they contain the HR_MANAGER or not. If they do, the personalization will activate, else it won't.

Solution:

1) The current user value can be retrieved via ${ps.usernae} .

2) the roles granted to users can be found in WF_LOCAL_ROLES, so the query goes like:

HR_MANAGER IN (SELECT ROLE_NAME FROM WF_LOCAL_ROLES WHERE USER_NAME =  ${ps.usernae})

community.png

It's probably a simple issue for anyone working on the technical layer of Oracle EBS, but for me it proved a little difficult to figure out the current logged-in user.

I hope this will help those who faced the same issue