6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 8:58 AM by BluShadow

oracle ddl

Hi,

I  have table named stud_details in that three colums stuno numbe, stuname varchar2, studob date.

what my condition is when i insert into  values  the  studob( date of birth) colum's values  should be  below 18 years.

please send the code or give me some guidence.

very urgent..............

Regards

xxxxxxxxxx

• 1. Re: oracle ddl
          BluShadow

No, nothing is "very urgent" on the public community.  To suggest it's urgent is considered very rude by a) the volunteers who are giving their own time to help and b) the other people with issues who would also like an answer as soon as possible.  What makes you think that people should drop what their doing to help you rather than anyone else or that your issue is more important than other people's?

Urgent issues suggest that your company is losing business/money, or that people's lives are at risk.  If that's the case then you should be using the official Oracle support channel with your customer support identifier via support.oracle.com, and not asking for help via the public community.

Please read: Re: 2. How do I ask a question on the forums?

• 2. Re: oracle ddl
            BluShadow

p.s. in answer to your question, it sounds like you want a constraint on your date of birth column.

I can't give any more detailed answer, as you didn't bother to give any real details of your table definition or your exact database version (which can make a different to answers).

• 3. Re: oracle ddl

HI,

please the code as soon as as possible.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 4. Re: oracle ddl
                Mkirtley-Oracle

Hi,

As well as Blue Shadow's comments this is the forum for questions about using the SQL*Developer tool. It is not the forum for asking questions about developing SQL queries.

It would be better to ask your question in the SQL and PL/SQL forum -

PL/SQL

As suggested give more details about the table and versions you are using.

Regards,

Mike

• 5. Re: oracle ddl

HI,

Sorry to all.   next time  i dont do like this.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 6. Re: oracle ddl
                    BluShadow

2961834 wrote:

HI,

please the code as soon as as possible.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, you choose to ignore the advice given?

You still demand attention "as soon as possible" and you still fail to give the details requested about your issue.

You choose to ignore that advice, so I (and no doubt others) will choose to ignore you.