3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 3:55 PM by rp0428

SQL Developer issue: opens old packagage body

user6807959

Hello,

I got the following sutuation:

I wrote some changes into package body, successfully compiled and left SQL Developer opened.

On the next day I came to work, closed all the packages and connections from the GUI and opened the package again to continue.

When I tried to compile the package body, I recieved compilation errors.

The reason was: SQL Developer for some reason opened outdated package body without latest changes!

It happened several times (not constantly) and was really sudden behaviour! I lost all my work without a chance to recover.

Why it happens? Why SQL Developer remembers old packages??

PS: we work with collegue on the same package consequently, does it matter? I overwrote his changes too. He uses TOAD and never had seen such kind of problem.

Best regards,

Aidar.

• 1. Re: SQL Developer issue: opens old packagage body
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Could be a caching issue, definitely a bad bug if that's what it is.

What version of SQL Developer are you using?

• 2. Re: SQL Developer issue: opens old packagage body
            Jagadekara

Hi,

How you open that package?

Apply filter and then get the code?

Or from history?

• 3. Re: SQL Developer issue: opens old packagage body
              I wrote some changes into package body, successfully compiled and left SQL Developer opened.

On the next day I came to work, closed all the packages and connections from the GUI and opened the package again to continue.

When I tried to compile the package body, I recieved compilation errors.

The reason was: SQL Developer for some reason opened outdated package body without latest changes!

Sorry - but that sounds a little fishy to me.

It doesn't make much sense that someone would 'closed all the packages and connections' and then reopen a package they just closed and keep working with it. If they wanted to keep working with an open package they would just do that.

And if someone were going to 'close' everything the most logical thing to close is Sql Developer itself.

What makes MORE SENSE is that you just kept working with the opened package and others had made changes to it without you knowing it.

I'd be surprised if you can reproduce the problem after closing sql developer and then reopening it.

If you can reproduce the problem then post the test case AND the actual sql dev and platform versions you are using.