5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 1:19 PM by user2704001

Newbie is need help

user2704001

Hi.

Help me please.

I use sql developer on my computer ()let`s say my_localhost) to connect to the oracle database (let`s say REMOUTE_ORACLE_DB_10G2, port 1521).

I have ssh login/password from my_localhost to the remote host (let`s say REMOUTE_LINUX_HOST). No ssh connection from oracle db to the linux host available.

I need to take sql querry results proccessed in REMOUTE_ORACLE_DB_10G2 and export them to the REMOUTE_LINUX_HOST. It`s preferably to use only given connections, no other access rights or connections between oracle db and the linux host are available.

Is it possible? What is the best way to do that? What is sql developer configuration settings should I take for port forwarding if any?

Thanks in advance,

Evgeny Bobrov.

• 1. Re: Newbie is need help
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

you have sqldev on your pc

you have a database on server Y with SSH access from your pc

you have another server on Z with no SSH access from Y

you want to run a query on your PC, then export the results to Y?

• 2. Re: Newbie is need help

I use sql developer on my computer ()let`s say my_localhost) to connect to the oracle database (let`s say REMOUTE_ORACLE_DB_10G2, port 1521).

I have ssh login/password from my_localhost to the remote host (let`s say REMOUTE_LINUX_HOST). No ssh connection from oracle db to the linux host available.

I need to take sql querry results proccessed in REMOUTE_ORACLE_DB_10G2 and export them to the REMOUTE_LINUX_HOST. It`s preferably to use only given connections, no other access rights or connections between oracle db and the linux host are available.

What is the problem?

Sql Developer displays the query results on the client machine. You can then save them to any machine that client machine has access to.

So you can save them to the client in a file and then move that file to any other machine you want.

• 3. Re: Re: Newbie is need help
              user2704001

Hi.

I have sqldev on my pc.

I have a database on server Y with sql-net 1521 access from my pc.

I have another server on Z with SSH access from my pc.

I`d like to run query on Y and export results to the Z.

Is it possible to do that with Oracle SQL Developer only? What is the best way and what is the key words to read about it in the internet?

• 4. Re: Newbie is need help
                thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Easiest way would be to take your query output from your pc and just sftp it up Z after-the-fact.