0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 4:03 PM by radu_m

Data Modeler plugin not starting

radu_m

Hi,

I have SQL Developer 4.0.3.16.84, Java 1.7.0_55, 32 bit, wrapped in a Microsoft Application Virtualization package, on Windows 7, with administrator rights.

In Help->About, the Data Modeler extension shows Fully Loaded, in 4 seconds.

However, any functionality that I try to run from Data Modeler, fails: one row gets added to the Logging Page as below and nothing else happens (the Browser doesn't open, the Open dialogue does not appear...):

SEVERE 2084 9164       oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction Error during handleEvent on action 'Zoom In' (id=275).

None of the attached controllers handled the action.

- oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController@ff9bb20d[oracle.ideimpl.controller.ControllersHook$RuleBasedController@ff9bb20d[oracle.dbtools.crest.fcp.DataModelerController][always-enabled]].

SEVERE 1905 72719    oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction  Error during handleEvent on action 'DDL Preview' (id=253).

- oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController@ff9bb20d[oracle.ideimpl.controller.ControllersHook$RuleBasedController@ff9bb20d[oracle.dbtools.crest.fcp.DataModelerController][always-enabled]].

SEVERE 1726 14750    oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction  Error during handleEvent on action 'External Log' (id=252).

Trying to open the log produces the same error (View->Data Modeler->External Log), and I don't have access to the log file via the file system, the application being packed (yes, frustrating).

Please do you have any suggestion I could try, or forward to the guys which have created the virtualization package (but which don't know about SQL Developer configuration)?

Thank you,

Radu