0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 12:57 PM by dcon

Action Framework issues - EJB invoke Java Method displays 'No Content'

dcon

Hi All,

I have tried to replicate the steps found in Doc ID 1610118.1 to achive a report to pdf and drop the file to the local file system.

Versions:

Oracle Business Intelligence 11.1.1.7.140114

Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Carthage)

I downloaded the .ear file provided in Doc ID 1610118.1 and followed the steps from there (section in document with heading 'Deploying the EJB Application (EAR File) Using the WebLogic Server Console').

The error I get when I click on New > Action is the following:

Soap invocation failure. HTTP error code: '<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><env:Header/><env:Body><env:Fault><env:Code xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><env:Value>env:Receiver</env:Value></env:Code><env:Reason><env:Text xml:lang="en-US">Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.</env:Text></env:Reason><env:Detail><ns2:ServiceFault xmlns:ns2="http://oracle.bi.action.ws/types/fault/" xmlns:ns3="http://oracle.bi.action.registry.ws/" xmlns:ns4="com.siebel.analytics.web/report/v1.1"><ns2:message>Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.</ns2:message><ns2:location xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:nil="true"/></ns2:ServiceFault></env:Detail></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>'.

I click 'OK' on the dialogue box and after this, it allows me to click on 'Invoke a Java Method'. However, it shows 'No Content' to select from my .ear deployed applications.

As far as the pop-up with the 'Soap invocation failure' is concerned, I do not see anything in the logs (unless there is a log file somewhere I did not find). Only when it tries to load the applications available I see any logging taking place.

What I see in the server log is:

####<Jul 29, 2015 1:59:20 PM BST> <Error> <oracle.bi.action.registry.actionregistry> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CbiMr8Fc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i^Y> <1438174760864> <BEA-000000> <Error reading config file null

oracle.bi.action.invoke.ConfigException: Error reading config file null

at oracle.bi.action.config.ActionFrameworkConfigReader.loadDefs(ActionFrameworkConfigReader.java:368)

at oracle.bi.action.config.ActionFrameworkConfigReader.<init>(ActionFrameworkConfigReader.java:84)

at oracle.bi.action.config.ActionFrameworkConfigReader.initialize(ActionFrameworkConfigReader.java:127)

at oracle.bi.action.ws.BIActionServiceBase.init(BIActionServiceBase.java:50)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

Caused By: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException

- with linked exception:

[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'account' is not complete. One of '{credentialmap}' is expected.]

at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:315)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(UnmarshallerImpl.java:514)

Caused By: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'account' is not complete. One of '{credentialmap}' is expected.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:131)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:423)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3188)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.elementLocallyValidComplexType(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3164)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.elementLocallyValidType(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3111)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.processElementContent(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3013)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleEndElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:2156)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:824)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ValidatorHandlerImpl.endElement(ValidatorHandlerImpl.java:565)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.ValidatingUnmarshaller.endElement(ValidatingUnmarshaller.java:94)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.SAXConnector.endElement(SAXConnector.java:156)

at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseElement(NonValidatingParser.java:1588)

at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseRootElement(NonValidatingParser.java:442)

at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument(NonValidatingParser.java:388)

at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:232)

at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:173)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:211)

>

####<Jul 29, 2015 1:59:20 PM BST> <Error> <oracle.bi.action.registry.actionregistry> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CbiMr8Fc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i^Y> <1438174760877> <BEA-000000> <Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.

oracle.bi.action.invoke.ConfigException: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.

at oracle.bi.action.config.ActionFrameworkConfigReader.getInstance(ActionFrameworkConfigReader.java:172)

at oracle.bi.action.registry.ws.ActionRegistryService.createRegistries(ActionRegistryService.java:949)

at oracle.bi.action.registry.ws.ActionRegistryService.init(ActionRegistryService.java:803)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.server.jaxws.ServiceEndpointInstanceManager$1.run(ServiceEndpointInstanceManager.java:285)

####<Jul 29, 2015 1:59:20 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CbiMr8Fc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i^Y> <1438174760878> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.>

####<Jul 29, 2015 1:59:21 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CbiMr8Fc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i^Y> <1438174761925> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.>

####<Jul 29, 2015 1:59:24 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CbiMr8Fc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i^Y> <1438174764475> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.>

####<Jul 29, 2015 2:02:14 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <00570Cm3gdHFc5F_z1^AyW00040n001i_w> <1438174934057> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: SecurityService::executeIdentity store provider error>

####<Jul 29, 2015 2:02:17 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CmI_ggFc5F_z1^AyW00040n001ia3> <1438174937917> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.>

####<Jul 29, 2015 2:02:18 PM BST> <Warning> <oracle.j2ee.ws.common.jaxws.JAXWSMessages> <zn-enzo-oraapp04.mfltest.co.uk> <bi_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <adminubisystem> <> <00570CmI_ggFc5F_z1^AyW00040n001ia3> <1438174938974> <BEA-000000> <Exception while executing the business logic: Trying to read a config value before initializing the reader.>

Because it complained, even though I read everywhere that this is not necessary from 6.0 or later versions, I added <credentialmap> into the <account> element, above <credentialkey>. What happened is that it complained about <credentialmap> being there:

Caused By: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'credentialmap'. One of '{credentialkey}' is expected.

So, I changed the order and placed <credentialmap> below <credentialkey>.

<accounts>

<account>

<name>WLSJNDI</name>

<description>Account used to access WLS JNDI.</description>

<adminonly>false</adminonly>

<credentialkey>JNDIUser</credentialkey>

<credentialmap>oracle.bi.actions</credentialmap>

</account>

</accounts>

Now, I get the following:

Could not connect to Action Framework Web Services. Contact your Web Administrator.

Reverting to the original ActionFrameworkConfig.xml file (without <credentialmap>), brought back the same error ({credentialmap} expected).

I have read the following:

ActionFrameworkConfig.xml structure changed from 11.1.1.5 to 11.1.1.6

Action Framework Web Services

And other pertinent documentation on the Internet and Oracle support (examples Doc ID 1941502.1, Doc ID 1938463.1).

I do not understand how it can complain for <credentialmap> not being there (when it shouldn't) and then complain for <credentialmap> being there after I add it.

Does anyone have any advice? Am I missing something?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

dcon