0 Ответы Последний ответ: 06.08.2015 12:57, автор: RaviKiranSavirigana

Unable to assign a string to a DateTime field

RaviKiranSavirigana

Hello

How are you doing!

I have a requirement where I need to format the date columns in the tasklist table.

Our application has a custom workspace, so we are using the default BPMWorkspace taskforms to include the tasklist table as a region.

I have a flex field included in the table which is of type dateTime. By default, its showing the following format :: Aug 06 2015 07:08 AM

Now, I need to convert that to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM format.

So, I've used the xp20:format-dateTime(xp20:current-dateTime(),'[M01]/[D01]/[Y0001] [H01]:[M01]')

When I run this inside a BPEL just to check if its working fine, yes, its working and the date is converted to string 08/06/2015 07:08.

But since format-dateTime returns string, I'm getting the following error

ORABPEL-77003 Invalid value for assignment. Unable to assign value 08/06/2015 07:08 to data element dateAssigned with type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}dateTime. Make sure target data element can hold values of that type or transform values to the appropriate type. Contact oracle support to resolve the issue.

This clearly states that it cannot assign the string value to the DateTime field. Then how do i overcome this?

Is there a way where I can mention this string is nothing but a date, something like date(08/06/2015 07:08) just like what we have to make date as string : string(xp20:current-dateTime())

I know that we can do the formatting on the ADF page, but since this task table is imported into a region, can we control the column inside the table which is rendered in a region?

Appreciate your response.

Regards

RaviKiran