1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 3:14 PM by Kiran Pawar

installation

After installation of ORACLE APEX_LISTENER I got only:

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /ordsf. Reason:

Not Found

Powered by Jetty://

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM (I dont have WebAppl.Server or any other GlassFish, etc. WebServer)

I am running in a native standalone APEX_LISTENER mode:

java -jar apex.war standalone

• 1. Re: installation
          Kiran Pawar

Hi 1382984,

1382984 wrote:

Please change your user handle from "1382984" to something meaningful. Refer : Video tutorial how to change nickname available

After installation of ORACLE APEX_LISTENER I got only:

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /ordsf. Reason:

Not Found

Powered by Jetty://

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM (I dont have WebAppl.Server or any other GlassFish, etc. WebServer)

I am running in a native standalone APEX_LISTENER mode:

java -jar apex.war standalone

Please provide the following info regarding your environment as it helps forum members to know the problem context:

• Detail Oracle APEX Version (if using ORDS with APEX)
          • Detail Oracle Database Version
          • Detail ORDS Version
          • Detail Supported Java EE Application Server Version (if using one)
          • Detail JDK Version

NOTE : Here "Detail" means the major+minor version. For e.g. Application Express 4.2.4.00.08

Regarding 404 Issue:

While configuring ORDS 3.0 have you skipped "PL/SQL Gateway" configuration? ( This step refers to configuring Oracle APEX with ORDS (configuring APEX_PUBLIC_USER) which is required for functioning of Oracle APEX with ORDS) ?

Else you will run in following error :

Also open your "ords.3.0.1.177.18.02" folder and run the "readme.html" file in a browser and check the section "404 Errors when configuring Oracle REST Data Services" regarding the causes for 404.

For debugging the issue you are facing do the following:

• Locate the ORDS configuration folder.
          • Enable the Debug Tracing in defaults.xml (If entry is not there add the entry)
          • Enable the Detail Request Error messages in defaults.xml (If entry is not there add the entry)
          • Start the ORDS in standalone mode / Start(re-start) the Java EE Application Server.
          • Navigate to the APEX URL
          • Copy/paste the debug log into the forum reply.(Usually the error is at the end of the log, paste/attach the whole log from where the first exception occurs)

Refer the following similar threads :

Regards,

Kiran