1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 6:42 PM by Gianni Ceresa

Facing problem with less than grater than conditions in OBIEE 11g.

Hi all,

I am facing the promble with less than grater than conditions in OBIEE 11g.

I created two date prompts with presentation variables datefrom and dateto

and I used these prompts in filters like using grater than and less than symbol.

filters are as below:

lastupdated date is grater than or equal to @{datefrom}

lastupdated date is less than or equal to @{dateto)

and created two prompts

creation datefrom >=

creation dateto<=

when I passing the dates 05/12/2012 and 04/12/2005 in prompts after clicking the apply button in OBIEE 11g it feches all the records but i need records between these dates, and after clicking apply button the two date fields getting the same date..

• 1. Re: Facing problem with less than grater than conditions in OBIEE 11g.
          Gianni Ceresa

And how does the query looks like?

Looks in your logs to find out what OBIEE has generated, it can help you to understand what you did wrong ...

Sometimes OBIEE "try" to optimize the filters by removing or changing pieces it believes are "useless" but you wanted that piece because you wanted to do something in a "strange" way, so look at the query generated to see what piece you need to change to get to the expected result.

For example you can also write it using a BETWEEN and it will probably not remove anything....

PS: you set datefrom = 05/12/2012 and dateto = 04/12/2005 ? That's supposed to be an empty resultset as OBIEE will not change the order of signs for you knowing the FROM is supposed to be smaller than the TO...