1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 1:14 AM by rp0428

Replicating Schemas

I am doing a project in which I need to replicate databases in order to produce some analytics. I have received copies of the DDL files and data insert scripts so that I can replicate the schemas, insert that data and then use Jdeveloper to create what i need. I am having a lot of trouble trying to import the DDL files to replicate the schema. Can you please let me know if there is a good tutorial or how-to document for something like this. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Replicating Schemas

I am doing a project in which I need to replicate databases in order to produce some analytics. I have received copies of the DDL files and data insert scripts so that I can replicate the schemas, insert that data and then use Jdeveloper to create what i need. I am having a lot of trouble trying to import the DDL files to replicate the schema. Can you please let me know if there is a good tutorial or how-to document for something like this. Thanks.

I can't even tell what it is you need help with or if you even posted in the correct forum

You said you want to use Jdeveloper but you posted in the Sql Developer forum - which is it?

You said you are 'having a lot of trouble' but then don't bother to tell us EXACTLY what trouble you are having.

In sql*plus, Jdeveloper, Sql developer, and other tools, you execute scripts either by selecting the script and using an 'execute script' button or by opening the script in an editor window in the tool and then using a button to execute that script.

There are too many reasons things might go wrong for us to try to guess what happened in your case. You could be executing the scripts in the wrong order. The scripts may have errors.

Unless you post what you are doing in Sql Developer to execute your scripts and what results you are getting I don't see how we can help.