1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 12:19 PM by Kiran Pawar

configure Apex Listener 2.0.10 (ORDS) for using TNS failed with error 503

Robert Ferro

Hello I configure ORDS 2.0.10 using "java -jar ords.war setup", it works without problem.

Now I need to use a TNS Alias instead of the basic connexion, therefore I configure

"db.connectionType"

"db.tnsDirectory"

"db.tnsAliasName"

using Oracle Support  Doc 1646276.1

Now I got the error page 503 "Service Unavailable"

with the debug message

oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: IO Error: could not resolve the connect identifier

could someone help me to configure this correctely

• 1. Re: configure Apex Listener 2.0.10 (ORDS) for using TNS failed with error 503
          Kiran Pawar

Hi Robert Ferro,

Robert Ferro wrote:

Hello I configure ORDS 2.0.10 using "java -jar ords.war setup", it works without problem.

Now I need to use a TNS Alias instead of the basic connexion, therefore I configure

"db.connectionType"

"db.tnsDirectory"

"db.tnsAliasName"

using Oracle Support  Doc 1646276.1

Is the server machine on which ORDS is installed and on which Oracle DB is installed same/different?

If same, then check the tnsDirectory location and tnsAliasName. Also try testing tns connection to your Oracle DB.

If different, better use the "db.connectionType" = "customurl" and specify appropriate "db.customURL".

Check the documentation for the parameters : https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc.20/e25066/config_file.htm#AELIG7204

Now I got the error page 503 "Service Unavailable"

with the debug message

oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: IO Error: could not resolve the connect identifier

could someone help me to configure this correctely

No doubt that the error is due to : ORDS is not able to connect to Oracle DB specified with specifed connection parameters (while configuring ORDS), but here are some tips for "503 - Service Unavailable".

Refer : 503-service unavailable error after deploying apex listener on glassfish

Regards,

Kiran