4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 6:52 PM by Gianni Ceresa

change background colour of a dashboard page

Hi,

how can i change the background colour of a page in obiee 11g

thanks

• 1. Re: change background colour of a dashboard page
          Ibag

Hi,

You can change background of a Report/Prompt from properties and If you would like to add any custom messages/page changes you would need to have a HTML code in place.

If you are good at writing HTML code for colour changes, then you place that in text box in Dashboard and it will enable required color for you.

Regards,

Ibag

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: change background colour of a dashboard page
            Gianni Ceresa

In extension to what Ibag said I would just change HTML by CSS in his post and, if the "change the color of a page" is more "change the color of a page here, and one there and ...." I would advise to just create a custom style/skin setting the proper color as it will be a cleaner solution (and a single place where to manage it instead of multiple pages with a piece of CSS in case they ask you to change that color from red to green in the future).

• 3. Re: change background colour of a dashboard page

thanks for the reply.

do you have any html code to change the background colour of a dashboard page.i tried several codes but nothing is working.

• 4. Re: Re: change background colour of a dashboard page
                Gianni Ceresa

Any idea of what CSS is?

As said, you can't do anything with HTML, what you must do is CSS ...

If you never saw CSS in your life try at least to have a look online to get some basic idea of what it is and how it works.

What you look for also has little (or nothing) to do with OBIEE as it's just web development in the end (OBIEE is a web app).

<style>
                .DashboardPageContentDiv {
                    background-color: #FF0000;
                }
                </style>

Take your browser developer toolbar, inspect an OBIEE dashboard page and you find out that the white space in the middle where content is has a class named DashboardPageContentDiv associated, by default it also had a background color white.

Just change that one...