2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 3:53 PM by 2885278

Textfield validation in dashboard prompt

Helo Guys

Once again I would like to thanks for everyone sharing idea and experiences for this thread.thank you so much.

I have issue like this:

for example I have created 2 column as textfield in prompt called Rank From and Rank To and Rank To must be filled <= 100. If User filled Rank To >100 then the system will show Alert or anything as Validation for User and Report is not displaying Data.

Please anyone to share idea,solution or experiences to solve this issue.thanks a lot.

Best Regards

• 1. Re: Textfield validation in dashboard prompt
          Felipe_Idalgo

Hi,

You can use a session condition on your dashboard.

1) Into your dashboard you must have your report and a "message" in two separate sessions, cause you must define different conditions for them.

2) On your prompt set a presentation variable for "Rank to" and "Rank from". These variables must be passed to an auxiliary analysis. (create a filter on this analysis that results in one record to true values (based on conditions mentioned above) and no record for other ones

3) Use a count of rows from your auxiliary analysis to define your session conditions

4) <RESULTS> When some user type a wrong value the "message" will appear. When some user type a correct value the report will appear.

Please Mark if help you.

Felipe Idalgo

• 2. Re: Textfield validation in dashboard prompt

thank you felipe i will try it first,,once again thanks for sharing your idea.