3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 2:24 PM by 3009542

Oracle APPS R12 synonyms

DBAKamal

Hello, EBS R12.1.3 RDBMS 11.2.0.3 When I'm querying the synonym RA_INTERFACE_LINES synonym I don't get any rows, but when  I query the table RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL directly I'm getting plenty of rows. When I'm querying the dba_synonyms table the synonym is pointing tyo the RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL  table. APPS RA_INTERFACE_LINES AR RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL Could  any one explain me what is the problem ? BR

• 1. Re: Oracle APPS R12 synonyms
          Pravin Takpire

I would suggest to run Recreate Grants and Synonym via adadmin.

regards

Pravin

• 2. Re: Oracle APPS R12 synonyms
            yoonas

Hi,

ARe you running queries without setting org access ?

MO_GLOBAL.SET_POLICY_CONTEXT

You will find a detailed explanation of Multi-Org architecture from following MOS note, which is the reason you are not getting any data while using synonym

SQL Queries and Multi-Org Architecture in Release 12 (Doc ID 462383.1)

Regards

Yoonas

• 3. Re: Oracle APPS R12 synonyms

Hi,

RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL synonym fetches the data from all orgs.

Note: any Synonym which ending with _ALL gives the data from all orgs irrespective of whether you have access to that org or not.

RA_INTERFACE_LINES Synonym which fetches the data from a single org , the org which we set using the MO_GLOBAL.SET_POLICY_CONTEXT  command.

Say for example

if someone has set that org 81

and when you try to fetch the data from that synonym

select * from RA_INTERFACE_LINES;

the above query returns data only if you have access to org 81, else it will return zero rows.

This feature enables to provide limited access to data for a specific org, rather than accessing all orgs.

Thanks,

Srawan