1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 5:40 PM by Vanha.L-Oracle

Why this error is coming "APP-PO-14082: A PO Charge Account is mandatory and could not be determined" while creating a PO manually?

SOUVIK.GHOSH

Dear Experts,

I am trying to create a Purchase Order manually from the Purchase order form. The PO Line type is Goods and Ship to Destination is Inventory. So naturally the PO Charge Account at the Distribution Line should be the Material Account of the Destination Organization (Setup>Organization>Parameters>Costing Information) and the Accrual Account should be the AP Accrual Account at the Financial options of the Purchasing setup.

I have checked both the above setups and the accounts are entered correctly there.

Although, after entering the shipment information I am getting the above error message - "APP-PO-14082: A PO Charge Account is mandatory and Account Generator Workflow is unable to process the same".

Did you ever undergo such scenario? Can you please help here?

Thanks,

Souvik Ghosh

• 1. Re: Why this error is coming "APP-PO-14082: A PO Charge Account is mandatory and could not be determined" while creating a PO manually?
          Vanha.L-Oracle

Yes, you are right, the accounts for the PO document for Inventory destination would be defaulted based on the setup of the inventory organization material account and operating unit.

The Account Generator workflow is responsible for defaulting all these information.

The error could be due to invalids of any procedure used in this flow, or when validation of setup of any of the accounting segments, etc.

Check if you have the same problem creating requisition for the same item, or check to see if you can post a manual journal entry for the account string that should be the charge account. These are to eliminate system or setup problem.

If all fail, best way to learn what the error might be is to gather a FND debug using note such as R12: How To Get The FND Debug Log For On-Line Processes And For Concurrent Requests (Doc ID 1320736.1)

The debug file could shed light on what might be incorrect, or where the error might be.

Hope this helps.

Vanha