9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 6:23 PM by SH_INT

fdmee wiping out data

Hello Everyone,

We have Hyperion FDMEE data rule that sometimes double-up the actuals, and when try to reload the actuals for the same period with Replace option, FDMEE deletes all data except POV.

Not sure if anyone else came across similar issue?

Thanks

• 1. Re: fdmee wiping out data
          USER1211

You first need to check that your source file does not have duplicate records as FDMEE would simply sum them up.

If your source file is fine. Then you need to ensure that the [Export mode] is set to “Store data” as the other options override all the data in the cube or just accumulate the data you’re loading with the data in the cube. Assumption you loading data into Essbase cube.

Please mark this response as helpful, or correct if it answers the questions to close the thread.

• 2. Re: fdmee wiping out data
            SH_INT

Some more information would be useful:

1) What is your Target Application i.e. Essbase or HFM etc

2) When you say 'FDMEE deletes all data except POV.' What do you mean as this doesn't really make sense in the context of how FDMEE implements Replace? As your POV for a Data Rule will be the target scenario, period (year & month) what your statement is implying is that all data in your target application is deleted except for the scenario and period in your POV. I assume what you are actually saying is that all data in the scenario & period in your target application is deleted except for the data that your DLR is loading. If that is the case then that is how the 'Replace' option is meant to work if your target is HFM 

• 3. Re: fdmee wiping out data

Thanks SH and User1211 for the quick reply.

Source is EBS and Target is planning application.

I checked the Data workload bench and there are no duplicates.

Here is the situation, user noticed that actuals for fy14 were doubled-up in Planning, so they ran the full fy14 actual load with the replace option, basically, it did fix the actuals for fy14, however, it also cleared the data for budget and forecast for all other fy.

our version is 11.1.2.3.500

• 4. Re: fdmee wiping out data
                Payal Kapoor

"Replace" option only comes up in the Export when target is an HFM application. For planning application the options are Store Data, Add, Subtract, Override all Data. For your second issue - "it also cleared the data for budget and forecast for all other fy"  I presume the user is exporting using Override all Data option - that's when all the data for that entire POV year (FY14 in your case) gets cleared from all scenarios.

For the numbers getting doubles up, there must be some issue with the export options being selected (maybe Add instead of Store Data) otherwise FDMEE will never double up data like this.

• 5. Re: fdmee wiping out data

Sorry, Yes, it is "store data" option not replace.

Data load managed by finance users, now I' am curious that they might have mistakenly picked the wrong option, is there any place FDMEE captures these selections? 

• 6. Re: fdmee wiping out data
                    SH_INT

Try loking in the process logs

• 7. Re: fdmee wiping out data

I tried searching with "Add", "Store data" and "Override all Data" but couldn't find anything. Is there any specific term FDMEE uses in the logs for these actions?

• 8. Re: fdmee wiping out data
                        SH_INT

The clear statement will be sent to essbase search for FIX and you might find the code snippet if its set to clear all data it should be safe to assume your user chose that option

• 9. Re: fdmee wiping out data
                          SH_INT

Ignore my last post I forgot the version you are talking about is 11.1.2.3.500. In that version FDMEE generates a load rule dynamically depending on the export option chosen. You could look a this but it gets overwritten on every load so unless the problem load was the last load you ran you'll get no joy from this