4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 10:07 AM by Gianni Ceresa

Prompt sql result

Sree!!!

Hi Experts,

I have requirement , I have 2 prompts

1) Customer name

2) Month

Based on customer name i want to apply default value in the month

lets take if user is belongs to the Central then default value in the month = Aug

if user is belongs to the norththen default value in the month = Jun

Can you please pass me presentation cod in the sql result any one

Name:   "D3_Customers"."Name"

Month: "D1_Time"."Per name month"

sql result fro the Month prompt: SELECT "D1_Time"."Per name month" FROM "BISAMPLE_MA"

REgards,

sree

• 1. Re: Prompt sql result
          Sree!!!

Hi Can you give me any solution for this

• 2. Re: Prompt sql result
            Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Sorry but what do you expect? You are talking about your own model, nobody else know how it looks like, you are the only one knowing how to get the month from the customer because it depends on your model. So do you really expect that we are able to post you a piece of code?

Build an analysis and get the month there by using a filter on the customer name, when done copy the LSQL from here and adapt it for your prompt.

PS: you can also hire a consultant who will be happy to study your model and write the right code for you ...

• 3. Re: Prompt sql result
              Sree!!!

Hi Gianni,

Thanks for your reply!! I am just asking weather it is possible are not. The above code has given for just  better understanding purpose.

• 4. Re: Prompt sql result
                Gianni Ceresa

Of course it's possible if your model is build correctly to link these 2 info together, using the implict fact table it will also work by itself, but again it really depend on how your model and data looks like.