3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 3:41 PM by 3139953

Problems installing SQL Developer 64 bit

I have an older 10.02.04 Oracle DB set up on a Windows Server 2003 machine I use as a development machine.   I was able to install the 32 bit version of SQL Developer and everything has worked fine.  My production machine is at a gov't facility and is set up on a Windoon ws 2008 R2 machine using VM Ware; I can't touch it.  I am in the process of acquiring new hardware and software for my development machine, but having to go through gov't acquisition channels, it's going to take some time.  The SysAdmin at my office said he could set me up something similar on one of the company machines for me to try some things out on, and he has done so.  I was able to install the 64 bit version of Oracle 11g and have been attempting to install the 64 bit version of SQL Developer (sqldeveloper-4.1.1.19.59-x64).  I unzip the file as instructed and attempt to start SQL Developer.  I get the following message:

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from yourhanx

computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

I clear the message and see another one:  Unable to launch the Java Virtual Machine

I have downloaded and installed vcredist_x64 as recommenced when I searched on the error message.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired... nothing helps.  I uninstall SQL Developer and reinstall.  Nothing... 

Has anyone else had this issue?  What did you do to fix it?  Should I download and install the 32 bit version of Oracle?

Thanx!