4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 7:25 AM by Bashar.

Scheduling a Concurrent Program

Bommi

Hi Team,

I want to schedule a CP (say XYZ) in Responsibilities (say ABC, DEF).

The scheduling requirement is as below.

1.We need to run report 8 AM (INDIA)time

2.Running program for current day for previous day/date

3.Soon after we run the report the auto generated email to respective customer along with invoice copies

4.On Monday we need to run report for Friday,Saturday and Sunday.

5.Tuesday we nee dto give Monday’s date as usally for days                                                                               

Can you please how to do this in Front End. I hope while submitting the CP, there is an option 'Schedule'. How can I use this for the above scheduler requirement? Because, this CP has to run daily and on Monday it has to run for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 1. Re: Scheduling a Concurrent Program
          Jagadekara

1.We need to run report 8 AM (INDIA)time

You can schedule by time.

2.Running program for current day for previous day/date

What is it?

3.Soon after we run the report the auto generated email to respective customer along with invoice copies

Report output need to send email as an attachment?

then in delivery options email tab give emial id (it require to enable two profile)

4.On Monday we need to run report for Friday,Saturday and Sunday.

What is it?

5.Tuesday we nee dto give Monday’s date as usally for days 

What is it/

I don't understand your requirement clearly.

What are the parameters?

• 2. Re: Scheduling a Concurrent Program
            Bommi

Hi,

2. Running the program for current day for previous day/date?

Ans: If I am running today, say 29-Sep, then, the values for input parameters 'Print Date Low' and 'Print Date High' should be 28-Sep and so on

3. Soon after we run the report the auto generated email to respective customer along with invoice copies

Ans: There is a parameter, 'Email to Cust'. So need to mail to this Customers

4. On Monday we need to run report for Friday,Saturday and Sunday

Ans: The program should not run on Saturday and Sunday. So, on monday when it is running, it has to run for all the Friday, Saturday and Sunday dates (Similar to pint 2, but adding Satuday and Sunday conditions).

5. Tuesday we nee dto give Monday’s date as usally for days

Ans:  As usual it has to run with 'Print Date Low' and 'Print Date High' value as Monday date.

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 3. Re: Scheduling a Concurrent Program
              Jagadekara

2. Running the program for current day for previous day/date?

Ans: If I am running today, say 29-Sep, then, the values for input parameters 'Print Date Low' and 'Print Date High' should be 28-Sep and so on

We can't do it, because if we submit the program with some value, it will not change when schedule.

Means if we schedule the program today with today's date, then the report will run tomorrow, day after tomorrow with today's date only.

We have another way, disable those parameters and handle those in report itself.

Hope this will help you...

• 4. Re: Scheduling a Concurrent Program
                Bashar.

Hi,

The first requirement can be achieved by using the option "increment date parameters on each run".

You need to schedule two requests, one for the days Tuesday to Friday and one for Monday.

You should specify the appropriate parameters for each one.

Regards,

Bashar