1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 7:03 PM by Ravi0013

Adding new column or dimension into the rpd physical layer from Oracle OLAP Cube

Ravi0013

Hello

We have Oracle OLAP cube as our data source which i am using for my current subject area, since our requirements have changed we added couple of new measures and a dimension to the existing cube. In a relation database the traditional way is easy to bring in the new columns and dimensions but in this case it seems to be different i tried adding the new measures by identifying them and create new OLAP column with the same name everything but i don't see an option to update the row count. However i saved and checked in all the changes and when i run a report it is not giving any data. Not only the newly added measures but also the existing measures are not giving any data it is just null values. I haven't tried bringing in the dimension yet. Any thoughts of how to get this working?

Thanks

Ravi

• 1. Re: Adding new column or dimension into the rpd physical layer from Oracle OLAP Cube
          Ravi0013

Here is what i did to make it to work, firstly i imported the modified cube completely and then i used it as a reference, created new measure columns that i wanted exactly with the same names and specs in the old cube. To add new OLAP dimension, copy from the reference cube and paste the dimension in the old cube where you want it and then in the BMM make sure to point that dimension into the fact table.If you need further details please respond i can provide as needed.

Thanks

Ravi