3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 5:37 PM by Giuliana_Miglioli

Cannot start EBS 12.2.4 after upgrading with patch 17919161

Giuliana_Miglioli

Hi experts,
      I am facing an issue when trying to start WLS services after applying patch 17919161. The patch applied correctly, but I am facing a problem when trying to start the WLS services. Could you please advice ?

I follow the steps defined on Doc id: 1617458.1 - Path A (Section 6) New installation. The apply of 17919161 patch with apply_mode=downtime ended up sucessfully.
      The next step should be start all Application tier services on the run file system.
      $ sh $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME/adstrtal.sh

Not all services ended correctly.

adapcctlsh.png

Checking the log informed on the terminal above: I got the following.

10/12/15-11:43:56 :: adapcctl.sh version 120.0.12020000.6

10/12/15-11:43:56 :: adapcctl.sh: starting OPMN if it is not running

opmnctl start: opmn is already running.

10/12/15-11:43:56 :: adapcctl.sh: starting OPMN managed OHS instance

opmnctl startproc: starting opmn managed processes...

================================================================================

opmn id=litmeaora4:6701

Response: 0 of 1 processes started.

ias-instance id=EBS_web_VIS_OHS1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ias-component/process-type/process-set:

EBS_web_VIS/OHS/OHS/

Error

--> Process (index=1,uid=665416852,pid=17669)

failed to start a managed process after the maximum retry limit

Log:

/opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_VIS_OHS1/diagnostics/logs/OHS/EBS_web_VIS/console~OHS~1.log

10/12/15-11:44:00 :: adapcctl.sh: exiting with status 204

Then on the log pointed above, I found the following:

--------

15/10/12 11:43:58 Start process

--------

/opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/bin/apachectl startssl: execing httpd

httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 1039 of /opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_VIS_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web_VIS/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 115 of /opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_VIS_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web_VIS/ssl.conf: Could not open configuration file /opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_VIS_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web_VIS/oracle_apache_ssl.conf: No such file or director

I found on a internet a tutorial that resolved my problem on the following link:
      http://www.aclnz.com/interests/blogs/oracle-http-server-ohs-instance-adapcctl-sh-exiting-with-status-204
      I was able to run the adop phase=cleanup,
      But when I tried to run the adop phase=fs_clone as instructed on the document, I got the following error:

applmgr@litmeaora4:/opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/admin/scripts> adop phase=fs_clone

Enter the APPS password:

Enter the SYSTEM password:

Enter the WLSADMIN password:

Validating credentials...

Initializing...

Run Edition context  : /opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/appl/admin/VIS_litmeaora4.xml

Patch edition context: /opt/oracle/VIS/fs1/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/appl/admin/VIS_litmeaora4.xml

Patch file system freespace: 90.09 GB

Validating system setup...

Node registry is valid.

Checking for pending adop sessions...

No pending session exists.

Staging new adop session...

===========================================================================

ADOP (C.Delta.6)

Session ID: 5

Node: litmeaora4

Phase: fs_clone

Log: /opt/oracle/VIS/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/5/adop_20151013_115323.log

===========================================================================

Validating configuration on node: [litmeaora4]...

Log: /opt/oracle/VIS/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/5/fs_clone_20151013_115323/VIS_litmeaora4

[WARNING]: There could be issues while validating the ports used for E-Business Suite instance against ports used in /etc/services. Refer the log file for more details.

[WARNING]: Either some of the required entries in /etc/hosts file might be missing (e.g. localhost or hostname) OR the file /etc/hosts could not be read.

[ERROR]: The value of s_ohs_installed is incorrect.

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred while executing "perl /opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPValidations.pl  -contextfile=/opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/appl/admin/VIS_litmeaora4.xml -patchctxfile=/opt/oracle/VIS/fs1/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/appl/admin/VIS_litmeaora4.xml -phase=fs_clone -logloc=/opt/oracle/VIS/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/5/fs_clone_20151013_115323/VIS_litmeaora4 -promptmsg=hide"
      [UNEXPECTED]Error 1 occurred while Executing txkADOPValidation script on litmeaora4

[STATEMENT] Please run adopscanlog utility, using the command

"adopscanlog -latest=yes"

to get the list of the log files along with snippet of the error message corresponding to each log file.

adop exiting with status = 1 (Fail)

applmgr@litmeaora4:/opt/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_litmeaora4/admin/scripts>

Not sure what to do next.
      Could you please advice ?

Thanks,
      Giuliana