10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 2:16 PM by ThinkFDM

CHKSTATUS

MikeTO

Hi,

Does anyone have an example of this FDMContext CHKSTATUS working?  I have tried to call it in AftConsolidate and AftCheck and I always get 0 no matter if it fails or not.

stat = fdmAPI.getProcessStates(fdmContext["LOADID"])

chkStatus = str(stat["CHKSTATUS"])

fdmAPI.logInfo(chkStatus)

I am able to use ImpStatus, ValStatus and ExpStatus successfully in other scripts.

Much Appreciated,

Mike

• 1. Re: CHKSTATUS
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

which version of FDMEE?

In AftConsolidate it will be 0 as check happens later.

In AftCheck it should work properly.

Let me know your version and I will check it.

Regards

• 2. Re: CHKSTATUS
            MikeTO

Thx Francisco.  We are on 530.  perhaps I should clarify.  I am looking for something to tell me that the consolidate worked.  I thought check status would be that .  Is that the issue?  I am not using a check report but I am using check entities.

thx,

mike

• 3. Re: CHKSTATUS
              ThinkFDM

Correct. If you assign a check report (via check rules) to your location, the check report will be returned post load and consolidation. This would indicate that w erythropoietin f is complete.

• 4. Re: CHKSTATUS
                MikeTO

Thx.  On a sidenote, we got rid of our check report because of the issue with the TDATACHECK table having duplicate key issues when multiple loads were happening at the same time.  We are on SQL Server and Oracle confirmed this was a bug.  We have made our Check Report an HFM Report as a workaround and believe it works better than FDMEE.  Even if only one user was loading data it took 1.5 minutes just to pull the numbers down from HFM to populate TDATACHECK.  The duplicate keys issue lead to this report taking 20 minutes.

So if I want to know if a consolidation occurred or not, would the best indicator be the SQL query:

SELECT STATUS FROM AIF_PROCESS_DETAILS WHERE ENTITY_TYPE LIKE 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' AND PROCESS_ID IN ('4010')

Thx,

Mike

• 5. Re: CHKSTATUS
                  MikeTO

Hi,

Just want to make sure that my last question was perceived as a question and not a statement.  Does anyone know how you can tell if a consolidation occurred successfully at the end of a load?  I am seeing a table that I can query (shown below) but not sure if there is a better way?

SELECT STATUS FROM AIF_PROCESS_DETAILS WHERE ENTITY_TYPE LIKE 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' AND PROCESS_ID IN ('4010')

Thx,

Mike

• 6. Re: CHKSTATUS
                    Francisco Amores

Mike,

you can use that query.

Rgds

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: CHKSTATUS
                      MikeTO

Thx Francisco!

• 8. Re: CHKSTATUS
                        ThinkFDM

Mike:

I'm a little curious about this one.  I've checked two applications and I'm seeing AIF_PROCESS_DETAILS records with ENTITY_TYPE equal to 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' and 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HPL' for locations that do not have an associated check entity group.

Let us know what you come back with.

• 9. Re: CHKSTATUS
                          MikeTO

We are just finishing testing and believe that the 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' will work.  We don't see 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HPL' as I suspect this is for Planning apps.  The only downside is that the 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' will show successful even when no calculations are run (ie. when there are no check entities groups with consolidate selected).  Not a real big deal for us and not worth using the JAVA API to cycle through the entities looking for the consolidate switch.

Thx for the feedback.

Mike

• 10. Re: CHKSTATUS
                            ThinkFDM

Thanks for the follow-up.  Yeah, I was also seeing the same behavior in our apps - 'PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HFM' and PROCESS_BAL_CONSOL_HPL' records are show success even when there are no check entities associated with the location.  Weird.

1 person found this helpful