3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2008 7:42 AM by 3923

APEX and BPEL ?

jelane-Oracle
      Hi

Can anyone offer any advise regarding the use of APEX and BPEL together ? I am trying to use it to tie APEX apps (used as e-forms) into the Content Services part of Oracle Collaboration Suite (i.e. Oracle Files as was).

I am thinking of a BPEL process which just SELECTS data which is maintainted by an APEX app (possibly via a PL/SQL function wrapped as a web service.) and then calls another process of some kind to create a 'document' which can be stored in the OCS.

Does anyone have any ideas or has done it before ?

cheers
      Jules
        • 1. Re: APEX and BPEL ?
          Dimitri Gielis
          Hi Jules,

I just saw another post with a same question about running a BPEL process from inside APEX. Did you come any further with your integration? Maybe that will help the other person too.

Thanks,
          Dimitri
          • 2. Re: APEX and BPEL ?
            there are some thing may be used for you .
            http://stage10.oaug.org/file/sroaug07101201pdf1193158595.pdf
            it use web services to integration apex and bpel.
            • 3. Re: APEX and BPEL ?
              Hi,

The difficulty in this scenario is that you're going to integrate a data-centric application, APEX, with a data-centric process-handling technology, BPEL. In this case you will feed data from the database, fetched with APEX, back into a bpel process that inserts the data in the database.

The surplus of BPEL is the orchestration part to handle a process flow from A to Z, which can't be handled easily by APEX without a lot of manual work.

How is APEX going to handle hierarchical data that needs to be fed into your bpel process. Still a lot of architectural questions that need to handled, which is the case for each scenario of course ;o)

Kind regards,
              Nathalie