2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2006 12:19 PM by 518638

Installing a Custom InterConnect Adapter on another server (non-Hub).

I need to install a custom InterConnect Adapter on a server, other than the Hub server.
      Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Specifically, what components need to be installed on the other server before the adapter can execute there? For example, does the InterConnect SDK need to be installed on the other server? Is there any documentation that describes the steps involved?
      Can someone please help with this.
      Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Installing a Custom InterConnect Adapter on another server (non-Hub).
          As far as I know, you don't need to install InterConnect SDK for deploying custom adapter on other server.

Procedure not documentaed anywhere...)

Look in the java environment of the adapter start script....
          I think all you need is InterConnect core adapter libraries and of cours you custom adapter library itself!

If I would do this, I would install any simple adapter for core adapter libraries (fo ex. AQ adapter), and then copy my adapter.
          I think it should work
          ;-)

Reply here if it is really work!
          • 2. Re: Installing a Custom InterConnect Adapter on another server (non-Hub).
            Hi there,

We did do this!
            Our hub is on a Unix environment and we are developping an adapter that needs to run on a Windows platform (.. dont ask ;-().

In this case we needed to install a middletier environment on the Windows platform and installed our adapter in it. (don''t forget to set the correct Hub server name in your hub.ini)

Greetings,
            Ibo

Ordina