4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2007 9:11 AM by 425690 RSS

Viewing other peoples calendar

I recently upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. Everything seemed okay until I tried to view a co-workers calendar and I get the following error:

"Unable to display folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user."

This worked previously with Outlook XP. I also tried using the File -- Open -- Open Other User's folder, but that is grayed out from my menu. I also do not have the options to go in and change any of my settings. When I select Tools -- Options, all of the parameters are shaded out and can't be changed.

Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Viewing other peoples calendar
          It sounds to me like your OCFO/Outlook profile might be corrupted. Try creating a new OCFO profile on the client machine.
          • 2. Re: Viewing other peoples calendar
            I'm wondering if you've had any luck. I'm seeing the same problem.

After removing OCFO from a user's computer (10.1.1.05) and attempting a fresh install of 10.1.2.07 I get a message box saying: This will preform an upgrade of "".

I had to pull all references to "oracle connector" from the registry before I could do an install and not an upgrade, yet these users are all seeing the same problem (unable to open other user's calendars). Also, I noticed that the oracle connector tab was missing from Outlook options.

We've had this problem quite a few times, and usually we wipe the machine and start over, but this time it's not an option.
            • 3. Re: Viewing other peoples calendar
              I would also like to add that I did try creating a new Outlook profile, and that didn't work.
              • 4. Re: Viewing other peoples calendar
                Hi,

I just had these same problem with a user, not being able to open shared calendars and having the "File menu -> Open -> Open Other User's Folder" being grayed out. Here is how I fixed it...

Open Outlook
                From the Help menu, select "About MS Outlook"
                Click the "Disabled Items..." button
                Select any disabled items from the list and click "Enable".
                Restart Outlook

--Bill