2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 10:08 PM by rp0428

SQL Developer 4.03.16  Password Reset

Hi,

My SQL Developer password  is about to expire in 2 days, I tried doing RESET PASSWORD, I gave existing password and entered new password.

It didn't give me any error, when I tried to open new page it started giving me same message again, even tried to reboot system but still giving message Password is expiring in 2 days.

I tried Resetting Password for HR,SYS,BI,SCOTT,OLAPSYS schemas. But still it gives message Password is expiring in 2 days..

Any suggestion.

Thanks

• 1. Re: SQL Developer 4.03.16  Password Reset
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Move up to the latest production release 4.1.2 (or at least 4.1.1) to get past this bug in 4.0.3.  To Reset Password without connecting to the DB first, you need to be using the OCI/Thick JDBC driver (Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced > Configure client / Use OCI...).

With an active connection, however, Reset Password should work fine regardless of which driver, thick or thin, you use.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SQL Developer 4.03.16  Password Reset
            My SQL Developer password  is about to expire in 2 days

Hmmm - are you sure? Sql Developer does NOT have a password as far as I know. Do you mean the password for some particular connection?

I tried Resetting Password for HR,SYS,BI,SCOTT,OLAPSYS schemas. But still it gives message Password is expiring in 2 days..

Connect as a DBA and issue SQL statements change the passwords

ALTER USER HR IDENTIFIED BY HR;

ALTER USER SCOTT IDENTIFIED BY TIGER;

Or connect to each user one at a time in sql*plus and change the password.

1 person found this helpful