1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 8:26 AM by Gianni Ceresa

OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Hi All,

I had installed OBIEE 12C successfully and able to access Analysis,EM,Console,Rpd.

After restarting my system, when i try to start the START.CMD  Under /OracleHome/User_Projects/bi/bin/bitools

i am facing below issue

ADMIN server is not able to connect the host and port 9500.

Not able to start the server.

Please do the needful.

Regards,

Suman

• 1. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Not really lot of info ....

How is your network setup? fixed IP? DHCP?

• 2. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Hi Gianni Ceresa,

Thanks for the reply.

I had installed OBIEE12C in VMWARE on Windows 7.

I had Configured  Microsoft Loopback Adapter and had used static IP.

In the host file I had mentioned the same static IP along with Host name.

If you require the error message if will copy it.

Regards,

Suman

• 3. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
              Gianni Ceresa

What's the host it is trying to connect? Is it the one you have in your host file? Your firewall allow the connection?

• 4. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Hi Gianni Ceresa,

When i check the host name using cmd prompt it displays the same host name mentioned in the file.

I had not checked the firewall connection.If the firewall is causing problem,

How to check it and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Suman

• 5. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                  AmarnathAitha

Even when i installed last week faced similar issue .. but as soon as i connect my LAN cable, as i was able to ping my host (myhost.xxx.com), i was able to connect to BI URLs. But when went off LAN, as i was able to ping the host, i couldn't connect BI. Even though i had entries in my hosts file and loop back adapter was configured, DB was running and i was able to get weblogic up and running, if i go off LAN i was not able to connect to URL.. i think we need make config changes in weblogic, but did get enough time to explore further.

• 6. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                    Gianni Ceresa

What I meant is to look into the script to see how it is trying to reference your server and to which host it is connection.

How to check Windows firewall? Well ... it's included in every single Windows for the last 5 years, so I'm almost sure Google must have the answer for that...

• 7. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Hi Gianni Ceresa,

I had turn off the firewall and re-installed the OBIEE12C ,but still i am facing the same issue.

It is trying to connect the same host as exepected.

Below i am copying the log it is generated after running the start.cmd

-----

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi

\bitools\bin\

C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi\bitools\bin>start.cmd -all

BI_PRODUCT_HOME set as C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\

ORACLE_HOME set as C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home

Domain status; Using domainHome: C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\bin\..\..\u

ser_projects\domains\bi ...

Starting domain; Using domainHome: C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\bin\..\..

\user_projects\domains\bi ...

Initializing WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) ...

Welcome to WebLogic Server Administration Scripting Shell

Type help() for help on available commands

<Nov 4, 2015 9:51:59 PM IST> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090905> <Disabling the Crypt

oJ JCE Provider self-integrity check for better startup performance. To enable t

his check, specify -Dweblogic.security.allowCryptoJDefaultJCEVerification=true.>

<Nov 4, 2015 9:51:59 PM IST> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090906> <Changing the defaul

t Random Number Generator in RSA CryptoJ from ECDRBG128 to HMACDRBG. To disable

this change, specify -Dweblogic.security.allowCryptoJDefaultPRNG=true.>

<Nov 4, 2015 9:52:00 PM IST> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090909> <Using the configure

d custom SSL Hostname Verifier implementation: weblogic.security.utils.SSLWLSHos

tnameVerifier$NullHostnameVerifier.>

Node manager not running. Starting it...

NMProcess: NODEMGR_HOME is already set to C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\USER_P~1\d

omains\bi\NODEMA~1

NMProcess: CLASSPATH=.;C:\Java\JDK18~1.0_6\lib\tools.jar;C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORAC

LE~1\wlserver\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\oracle_common\

modules\net.sf.antcontrib_1.1.0.0_1-0b3\lib\ant-contrib.jar;C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\O

RACLE~1\wlserver\modules\features\oracle.wls.common.nodemanager.jar;C:\Java\JDK1

8~1.0_6\lib\tools.jar;C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\wlserver\modules\features\WLST

WL~1.JAR;C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\oracle_common\modules\oracle.jps\jps-m

anifest.jar

NMProcess:

NMProcess: C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\bi\NODEMA~1>"C:\Java\JDK

18~1.0_6\bin\java.exe"  -server -Xms32m -Xmx200m -Dcoherence.home=C:\OBI12c\MIDD

LE~1\ORACLE~1\coherence -Dbea.home=C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1 -DNodeManagerHome

=C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi\nodemanager -DLogToSt

derr=false -DQuitEnabled=true -Dweblogic.RootDirectory=C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Orac

le_Home\user_projects\domains\bi  -Doracle.security.jps.config=C:\OBI12c\Middlew

are\Oracle_Home\bi\bin\..\..\user_projects\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\jps-confi

g-jse.xml -Dcommon.components.home=C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\oracle_commo

n -Dopss.version=12.2.1 -Dweblogic.RootDirectory=C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\USE

R_P~1\domains\bi   -Doracle.bi.home.dir=C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi -Dor

acle.bi.config.dir=C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\bin\..\..\user_projects\d

omains\bi\config\fmwconfig\biconfig -Doracle.bi.environment.dir=C:\OBI12c\Middle

ware\Oracle_Home\bi\bin\..\..\user_projects\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv -D

oracle.bi.12c=true -Ddomain.home=C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\bi

-Dfile.encoding=utf-8  -Djava.system.class.loader=com.oracle.classloader.weblog

ic.LaunchClassLoader "-Djava.security.policy=C:\OBI12c\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\wlserve

r\server\lib\weblogic.policy" "-Dweblogic.nodemanager.JavaHome=C:\Java\JDK18~1.0

_6" weblogic.NodeManager -v

NMProcess: Nov 04, 2015 9:52:18 PM oracle.security.opss.internal.runtime.Service

ContextManagerImpl getContext

NMProcess: WARNING: Bootstrap services are used by OPSS internally and clients s

hould never need to directly read/write bootstrap credentials. If required, use

Wlst or configuration management interfaces.

NodeManager started

Reading domain...

/Servers/AdminServer/ListenPort=9500

Accessing admin server using URL t3://SUMAN:9500

Starting AdminServer ...

Admin Server Start Exception: Error occurred while performing nmStart : Error St

arting server AdminServer : Received error message from Node Manager Server: [Se

rver start command for WebLogic server 'AdminServer' failed due to: [Server fail

ed to start up but Node Manager was not aware of the reason]. Please check Node

Manager log and/or server 'AdminServer' log for detailed information.]. Please c

heck Node Manager log for details.

Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace :

Reading domain...

Requesting credentials ...

Enter Weblogic login details at prompt

Weblogic Username: weblogic

Weblogic Password:

Starting AdminServer ...

Unable to connect to AdminServer on host: SUMAN

Failed to start one or more Servers

Start Admin Server connect Exception caught Error occurred while performing conn

ect : Error getting the initial context. There is no server running at t3://SUMA

N:9500 : t3://SUMAN:9500: [RJVM:000575]Destination 10.10.10.10, 9500 unreachable

.; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; [RJVM:000576]No

available router to destination.; nested exception is:

java.rmi.ConnectException: [RJVM:000576]No available router to destinati

on.

Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace :

Reading domain...

Nov 04, 2015 9:57:11 PM com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.CommandExceptionHand

ler handleException

SEVERE: Error: runCmd() failed.

com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLSTException: 60713: Command execution fail

ed.

60713: Attempt to execute command "readDomain" in invalid state: Configuration

60713: Check the logs for more information.

@com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLSTState.processCommand(WLSTState.java:20

3)

at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.CommandExceptionHandler.handleExc

eption(CommandExceptionHandler.java:69)

at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLScriptContext.handleException(W

LScriptContext.java:2360)

at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLScriptContext.runCmd(WLScriptCo

ntext.java:676)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor668.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyMethod.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyInstance.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.python.pycode._pyx155.command$1(C:\Users\Petlusuman\AppData\Local

\Temp\WLSTOfflineIni4031630905343076119.py:19)

at org.python.pycode._pyx155.call_function(C:\Users\Petlusuman\AppData\L

ocal\Temp\WLSTOfflineIni4031630905343076119.py)

at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyFunction.__call__(Unknown Source)

at org.python.pycode._pyx155.readDomain$28(C:\Users\Petlusuman\AppData\L

ocal\Temp\WLSTOfflineIni4031630905343076119.py:127)

at org.python.pycode._pyx155.call_function(C:\Users\Petlusuman\AppData\L

ocal\Temp\WLSTOfflineIni4031630905343076119.py)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.getAdminServerUrl$24(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\O

racle_Home\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_control.py:512)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.call_function(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_H

ome\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_control.py)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.requestCredentialsAndConnectToAdminServer$8

(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_co

ntrol.py:178)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.connectAdminServer$9(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\O

racle_Home\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_control.py:242)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.outputComponentsStatus$22(C:\OBI12c\Middlew

are\Oracle_Home\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_control.py:454)

at org.python.pycode._pyx140.statusComponents$25(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Or

acle_Home\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\process_control.py:580)

at org.python.pycode._pyx139.f$0(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi\mod

ules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\start_servers.py:193)

at org.python.pycode._pyx139.call_function(C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_H

ome\bi\modules\oracle.bi.sysman\scripts\start_servers.py)

at org.python.core.PyCode.call(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Unknown Source)

at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.execfile(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.management.scripting.WLST.main(WLST.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.

java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at weblogic.WLST.main(WLST.java:47)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: 60713: Command execution failed.

60713: Attempt to execute command "readDomain" in invalid state: Configuration

60713: Check the logs for more information.

at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLSTState.processCommand(WLSTStat

e.java:203)

at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLScriptContext.runCmd(WLScriptCo

ntext.java:670)

... 56 more

Error: runCmd() failed. Do dumpStack() to see details.

Failed to get Status of Servers and System Components

C:\OBI12c\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi\bitools\bin>

Thanks in advance.

Suman.

• 8. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                        Gianni Ceresa

Please check Node

Manager log and/or server 'AdminServer' log for detailed information.

Any extra info in node manager logs?

• 9. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Hi Gianni Ceresa,

Thanks for your Support.

Firewall is not allowing  ADMIN server to connect the host and port 9500

Now the issue got resolved and OBIEE12C is working Fine.

Regards,

Suman.

• 10. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                            Gianni Ceresa

Good for you.

So cam you close the thread?

Right now it's still This question is Not Answered.

• 11. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue

Firewall Disabled; Still getting the same error on a Linux server as you have got.

Disabled SELINUX as well.

• 12. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                                Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Do you have the same exact messages in your logs and did all the checks above? If not you will have more chances by starting a new thread where you can explain what you did, what you have etc.  just because you are on Linux and not windows.

• 13. Re: OBIEE 12C Post Installation Issue
                                  SyamPrasad N

Hello,

Hope ypur issue got fixed. If not please follow the below steps.

As per your log: [RJVM:000576]No available router to destination.

1. Stop complete BI services

2. Connect CDB as sysdba and run "ALTER PLUGGABLE DATABASE ALL OPEN;"

3. Start BI services andverify your issue.

Thanks,

Syam

1 2 Previous Next