1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 10:22 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

possible bug: worksheet database dropdown

ReubenC

I think I found a possible bug with the worksheet database drop down in the upper right corner of the worksheet. Following the steps, you will see the incorrect database in the dropdown.  This is with SQL Developer 4.1.2.20 on Windows 7 with JDK Version 8 u65.

Steps to reproduce:

1) connect to a database DB-A opening a worksheet WS1

2) connect to another database DB-B opening another worksheet WS2

3) change the first worksheet WS1 to the second database DB-B using drop down in upper right corner

4) disconnect from the first database DB-A through Connections window

5) switch back to the first database DB-A in the upper right corner drop down, but click cancel before entering login info

6) the database in the drop down will erroneously be the one you are disconnected from DB-A

• 1. Re: possible bug: worksheet database dropdown
          Gary Graham-Oracle

6) the database in the drop down will erroneously be the one you are disconnected from DB-A

True, but icon shown in the drop down list is the database icon, not the connected database icon (no electrical plug super-imposed over the disks).  And, of course, if the connection's password is saved this behavior will not occur since login occurs immediately with no opportunity to cancel.

Edit: So this appears to be an edge case. A cancellation against a worksheet with a disconnected connection should ideally leave the drop down blank.  I do note, however, that if the connection is opened again from the Connections tree, then the database icon in the drop down switches to the connected database icon.

1 person found this helpful