7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 4:31 PM by pr921

FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition

pr921

I go to Register->Source System Summary

Then I added the Source System as File.  The documentation says after you click save the details of the system are displayed in the table in lower pane.  There are no details there.

When I go to Register the Source System Adapter in FDMEE it is looking for ODI Package Name under Source Adapter Details.

When I log in to into ODI Studio there are no packages there for the AIF File Project as there are for both JDE and OIF.

Where do I find the Packages for the AIF File Project?  Is this a configuration step for ODI?

Thanks,

PR

• 1. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
          Balakumar7

Hi,

1) Do you see a table and a form in the source system page? The table would contain multiple rows and when you select a row, the form details changes based on the row selected.

2) Are you trying to do a data load via File or through OIA/JDE? If loading through flat file, no other setup is required. There is no need to register any source adapter.

Thanks,

Bala

• 2. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
            pr921

It's FDMEE to Planning, version 11.1.2.3

>2) Are you trying to do a data load via File or through OIA/JDE? If loading through flat file, no other setup is required. There is no need to register any source adapter.

I was getting this error so I thought there was a config step I was missing...what else can I check?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1727, in updateTDATASEG_T_TDATASEGW

RuntimeError: [u"Error: No records exist for Period 'Jan'"]

Thanks,

PR

• 3. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
              pr921

flat file..

• 4. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
                Balakumar7

No records exist for Period 'Jan'" - This error indicates there are no valid records found to be loaded to the target application. Do you see invalid rows in workbench? You might have to check the process log as to why the rows were rejected.

• 5. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
                  pr921

There are no invalid rows in Workbench.  There's no data in any of the TDATASEG* tables either. There's nothing about rows rejected in the log, When I look in ODI the step that fails is, which I think is because there's no data.

ODI-1226: Step COMM Map Data fails after 1 attempt(s).

ODI-1232: Procedure COMM Map Data execution fails.

Caused By: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: exception from Jython:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 6, in <module>

File "<string>", line 3377, in mapData

File "<string>", line 2169, in mapData

File "<string>", line 1727, in updateTDATASEG_T_TDATASEGW

RuntimeError: [u"Error: No records exist for Period 'Oct'"]

at org.apache.bsf.engines.jython.JythonEngine.exec(JythonEngine.java:146)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.codeinterpretor.SnpScriptingInterpretor.execInBSFEngine(SnpScriptingInterpretor.java:322)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.codeinterpretor.SnpScriptingInterpretor.exec(SnpScriptingInterpretor.java:170)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.scripting(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2473)

..that's why initially I thought it was a adapter config issue..how can I confirm data is in FDMEE? 

Thanks,

PR

• 6. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
                    Balakumar7

Is the logging set to level 5 ? Also, you need to check whether your import format and data load mappings are in place. If not, you will run into these issues.

Thanks,

Bala

• 7. Re: FDMEE config - file Data Load Definition
                      pr921

It works when I migrate to another instance of FDMEE.  I think this is infrastructure related..

Thanks,

PR