9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 8:15 PM by 3063857

Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi,

I have an Oracle Instance R12 installed in my laptop (middle tier and the database). When I tried to launch the Executable form in System Administrator responsibility after logging in, I got the following error:

FRM-92102: A network error has occured. The Forms Client has attempted to reestablish its connection to the server 5 time(s) without success. Please check the network connection and try again later.

I googled about it and found out that changing networkretries parameter helps.

I changed the networkretries parameter in $ORACLE_HOME/forms/server/formsweb.cfg file from 0 to 30.

After that, I stopped the instance (adstpall.cmd) and started (adstrtal.cmd) it again.

Now, when I launch the browser (IE), and try to connect to the Oracle Apps instance, it gives me the following error:

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

The website cannot display the page           

HTTP 500

Any help on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jitesh

• 1. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12
          Cuauhtemoc Amox

Browser/OS/JRE version? Have you tried with different ones and always get the same result? Try removing jre/jdk and retry in order to re-download and find out if that helps.

• 2. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12
            ora_tech

Hi,

Pls refer MOS tech note:

Master Note for Forms FRM-92050, FRM-92100, FRM-92101, FRM-92102 Reference Guide (Doc ID 444690.1)

FRM-92102 When Using A Software Load Balancer With Forms (Doc ID 465583.1)

thanks,

X A H E E R

• 3. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi Amox,

Browser Version: IE 9

OS Version: Windows 2008 R2

JRE Version: Java(TM) 6 Update 7

Tried with Google Chrome browser (Version 45.0.2454.93 m) also, same result.

Uninstalled Java(TM) 6 Update 7, stopped the instance, restarted it, tried to access Oracle Apps through IE and Chrome, but same result.

• 4. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12
                Cuauhtemoc Amox

Try a later version of the JRE (not sure if 6 release is still available for download, otherwise try with version 7). Have you followed any of the notes on the other reply?

• 5. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi Xaheer,

Since I am unable to get even to the login page now, I haven't gone into the details of the MOS Notes you mentioned, because as I understand they are to do with the original error I was facing, i.e. FRM-92102 after logging into the Oracle Apps. But, right now I am unable to get even to the SSO login page. Once I am able to get to the SSO login page and login successfully, I will go through the MOS Notes in more detail if I come across those errors.

Regards,

Jitesh

• 6. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12
                    rgoold

Manual updates to config files are best avoided - AutoConfig should take care of everything, so from where you are now I would suggest shutting it down and re-running AutoConfig to see if that gets you back to a working configuration.

You haven't stated the R12 version, so I'm guessing that you've loaded an out-of-the box 12.1.1 on your laptop to test?

If I remember correctly 12.1.1 ships with JRE6 in the techstack, but doesn't have the Sun JRE interoperability patch (4377566) pre-applied, so that is something to check.

The out-of-the-box forms tech stack also needs additional patches to make it JRE7 compatible.

Ref: Deploying Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 393931.1]

Do you really have SSO deployed as well, or is it the normal logon page you are trying to get to?

• 7. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi Rgoold,

I installed JRE 6 and ran Autoconfig, I am able to login and launch the applications and see the Executable window. The original error FRM-92102 is also gone. In case I get this error (FRM-92102 error) in future, I have the Oracle Support Notes pointed by Xaheer. I will go through them.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Jitesh

• 8. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi Rgoold,

Yesterday I was able to login to Oracle Applications and launch Oracle Applications forms also. But, today, when I gave the URL in the browser (http://global.apps.com:8000/), it did not bring the login page, but gave the following error:

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Any pointers to resolve this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jitesh

• 9. Re: Unable to login to Oracle Apps R12

Hi,

Since I had marked this as answered yesterday, I am not sure if anyone will look into this now. Hence, I am starting a new discussion for the new issue.

Regards,

Jitesh