7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2006 10:22 AM by Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.

omwb2003.mde
      MS Access 2003 - SP2
      Windows XP Pro 2002 - SP2
      No links, forms or reports in Access DB, just tables and queries.
      Error appears after ~ 5 minutes.
      I set Macro security level to Low

Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
          Hilary Farrell-Oracle
          Hi,

You may be receiving this error because some migration tables which are created during the export process, did not get deleted for some reason after carrying out an initial export using the Exporter Tool. Such tables, preceeded with "_Oracle" in the name, can be deleted if they are still within your MDB file.

If you still experience errors after doing so, I would suggest doing the following to ensure that there are no errors within the MDB file being exported:

1. In MS Access, run the Documenter facility, to verify that your tables and queries are not erroneous. This option is available from the menu bar via Tools | Analyze | Documenter.Select all objects that reside in the MDB file i.e. Tables, Queries, and run the documenter on them. Any errors found should be reported during this process.

2. With the MS Access MDB file open, click on the Alt+F11 key to launch the VBA app. From the menu item, go to Tools | References, and check if there are any missing references among the list of references selected for the MDB file. Such a reference will appear as "MISSING:<reference name>. Remove any such missing references from the list. Click OK to save any changes. Then select Debug | Compile <>file name, and compile your MDB file.

I hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Hilary
          • 2. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
            Hilary,

Thanks for the suggestions. I hade the MS Access clean up the erroneous queries and re-ran the Documenter, which then produced no errors. I'm still receiving the same Error #5. BTW, it takes about 5 minutes before the error pops up. I don't know if this is normal or not.

There were no _Oracle tables and there are no MISSING:<reference name> items.

I open an SR #5356055.992 and uploaded the two MS Access DBs.

Thanks for your help.

Matt Arena
            Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
            • 3. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
              Hilary Farrell-Oracle
              Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update.

I'm just wondering if it would make any difference if you re-arrange the order of your references in your MDB file. Sometimes you can get the "Invalid procedure call or argument" if the ordering of the reference libraries are incorrect. An object e.g. Field may appear in two libraries, with the same name but with different arguments. Therefore, you need to ensure that the library containing the object definition that you use in your code, appears higher on the list of references than another library containing an object of the same name.

When you launch the VB app, by clicking on the Alt+F11 key, go to the Tools | References section from the menu bar. Try changing the order of the references, placing the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library after the Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library, and before the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library (if this is on your reference list). Once you've changed the references, go to the Debug | Compile <app name> menu item, to compile the code. Once the code compiles successfully, close the MDB file, and attempt to export the file again.

Thanks for logging an SR. The MDB files will be useful in resolving this issue, if the above suggestion doesn't work.

Regards,
              Hilary
              • 4. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
                Hi Hilary,

If I were to send you the MS Access file would try running the tool on it? I'm not having much luck with the SR.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. My email address is: arenam@fnal.gov

Thanks,
                Matt
                • 5. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
                  Hilary Farrell-Oracle
                  Hi Matt,

A bug has been logged relating to this issue, and a testcase has been supplied with it so I can use that when I start investigating the cause of the problem. I'll update the bug and this thread with my findings.

Regards,
                  Hilary
                  • 6. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
                    Is there any news on this issue?

We are running into the same issue, and have tried all the suggestions in this bug report to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
                    • 7. Re: Error #5 - XMLExporter - Invalid procedure call or argument.
                      Hilary Farrell-Oracle
                      Hi,

This issue has been resolved and the fix is available in the latest version of the Exporter Tool. Please contact Support to obtain the latest version.

Regards,
                      Hilary