4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 7:36 PM by Gianni Ceresa

Trouble adding user on Windows 7

I just did an install of OBIEE 11.1.1.7 on top of Database 11g for Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I did the install while logged onto the machine as Administrator. Everything works fine as Administrator.

My problem is that I created another user on Windows, Whenever I log in as this user I can not launch any of the BI tools such as Administration and so forth. I have tried to also give this user Administration rights on Windows but without any success. How can fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Trouble adding user on Windows 7
          Thomas Dodds

" I have tried to also give this user Administration rights on Windows but without any success. How can fix this issue."
          Consult the documentation ... BI security and Windows security aren't related ... BI security involves WLS, EM, etc.

• 2. Re: Trouble adding user on Windows 7

Dear Mr Dodds.... By definition a forum is a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. As such any user can come on here and ask a question without fear of retribution or being discouraged. By virtue of exchange of information the above said user can quickly acquire the information they are needing to resolve their issues.

Other than the fact that you seem to have ample time to refer people to documentation and police activities on here, could you please refrain from responding to my posts if you are not going to be helpful.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Trouble adding user on Windows 7
              Felipe_Idalgo

Hi,

I believe you're in the wrong forum.

Your question is about MS-Windows configuration not OBIEE.

https://www.google.com.br/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=9qBUVqzCLMiU8QeiqZ3wDw#q=windows+how+to+share+application+with+other+users

Felipe Idalgo

• 4. Re: Trouble adding user on Windows 7
                Gianni Ceresa

Hi

(yes, saying "hi" is a nice way to start a thread, but you seem to be more concerned in people telling you to have a look at the doc than starting by a "hi")

1977947 wrote:

... Whenever I log in as this user I can not launch any of the BI tools such as Administration and so forth. I have tried to also give this user Administration rights on Windows but without any success. How can fix this issue.

Are you talking about Administration = Weblogic console / enterprise manager or Administration = Admin tool / Catalog manager etc. ?

Assuming it's the second (so the client tools, if it was the first I was expecting you to post some logs or something at least as you already read the documentation ...), what happen when you try? Admin tool is a batch calling the exe and the batch stay open next to the admin tool, do you see at least the batch? Do you see something? Did you try to look at what the batch does? (setting a bunch of environment variables and calling the exe after)

Do you have permissions of running the batch and the exe ?

Just few pieces you can look at and try to post some more info to allow people investing time on here (like Thomas) to help you find out what happen on your laptop/PC.