1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 5:58 PM by 786583

Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone

Hi Guys,

When I try to login on my oc4j standalone it throws me the following error:

This OC4J is configured to make JMX connections via RMIS and fall back to RMI if the RMIS port is not configured. The RMIS connection on the OC4J instance null on Application Server null is configured but a connection could not be established. The JMX protocol is specified by the oracle.oc4j.jmx.internal.connection.protocol property in opmn.xml

There are no messages durint the oc4j startup.

Any ideas?

Regards,
      George
        • 1. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
          Avi Abrami
          George,
          I don't believe you need "opmn.xml" for OC4J stand-alone, which leads me to believe that perhaps you aren't really using OC4J stand-alone. What command do you use to start up your OC4J stand-alone?

And what do you mean by login on my oc4j standalone?

Good Luck,
          Avi.
          • 2. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
            George:

Please see Metal link Note:365062.1.
            • 3. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
              Hi,

I'm using the oc4j -start command. My oc4j is the pure java oc4j stand-alone 10.1.3 edition.

I still have the same issue... :(

Regards,
              George
              • 4. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                Hi Qiang Lin,

This is was a great shot!

However I just have oc4j's stand-alone editions on my linux box. My linux is a RH 4, which is mentioned on the TAR. Do you have any other idea?

My JDKs were not installed from a rpm. I mean, I just decompressed them.

Regards,
                George
                • 5. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                  Well this issue won't be resolved by metalink note 365062. I'm working on this issue for about 2 days. metalink note 365062 says that oracle db listener registers an ons
                  and application server tries to register too. this makes a conflict.

but here it is about opmn.xml which does not contain the IP of the application server.

I got the same error in the following format. aware of
                  DemoInstance.152.69.203.166 line.

This OC4J is configured to make JMX connections via RMIS and fall back
                  to RMI if the RMIS port is not configured. The RMIS connection on the
                  OC4J instance home on Application Server DemoInstance.152.69.203.166 is
                  configured but a connection could not be established. The JMX protocol
                  is specified by the oracle.oc4j.jmx.internal.connection.protocol
                  property in opmn.xml

Application Server null is configured but a connection
                  Please see Metal link Note:365062.1.
                  • 6. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                    The oc4j I have is the stand-alone edition and this one doesn't have the opmn.xml.
                    • 7. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                      Hello!

"This OC4J is configured to make JMX connections via RMIS and fall back to RMI if the RMIS port is not configured. The RMIS connection on the OC4J instance null on Application Server null is configured but a connection could not be established. The JMX protocol is specified by the oracle.oc4j.jmx.internal.connection.protocol property in opmn.xml"

Is this issue solved? Please, tell me your solution!

My oc4j standalone version is:
                      Oracle Containers for J2EE 10G (10.1.3.0.0) (build 060119.1546.05277)
                      Only OC4J Standalone Container is running for evaluating on my local machine (windows 2000) .

regards
                      Harald.
                      • 8. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                        Not yet.
                        • 9. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                          user500783
                          Hello!

"This OC4J is configured to make JMX connections via RMIS and fall back to RMI if the RMIS port is not configured. The RMIS connection on the OC4J instance null on Application Server null is configured but a connection could not be established. The JMX protocol is specified by the oracle.oc4j.jmx.internal.connection.protocol property in opmn.xml"

Is this issue solved? Please, tell me your solution!

My oc4j standalone version is:
                          Oracle Containers for J2EE 10G (10.1.3.0.0)
                          Only OC4J Standalone Container is running for evaluating on my local machine.

regards
                          Rocardo.
                          • 10. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                            I have the same problem as gmaggess. My version is

Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.0.0) (build 060119.1546.05277)

according to bin/oc4j. Whether it's standalone or not, I have no idea, nor how to find out. The file I unpacked was oc4j_extended_101300.zip.

As for how to log in: I go to http://localhost:8888/, and follow the "Launch Application Server Control" link on the upper right.

Volkan wrote:
                            but here it is about opmn.xml which does not contain the IP of the
                            application server.
                            Which I find interesting. On my installation I'd just installed the server and got it running. Then, after a while I was thrown out, and couldn't figure out why before I discovered the server had changed IP. (DHCP strangeness.) When I tried to get back on this problem was there, all of a sudden.

However, the problem is not that opmn.xml contains the wrong IP, or anything like that, because my installation does not have that file at all. locate doesn't find it (24 hours after the install), nor does find, nor does manual inspection.

I'll post a solution if I figure this out.
                            • 11. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                              Digging around in the configuration and Googling Oracle's JMX documentation yielded nothing, except the insight that the Application Server Control is a web application called ascontrol, and that it's a client of the JMX server. So the problem here is that ascontrol can't contact the JMX server.

The logs contain these tracebacks:
                              2006-07-04 17:25:38,833 [EMUI_17_25_38_/console/ias/oc4j/home] ERROR jmx.MBeanCacheManager setupCache.138 - Failed in setting-up MBean Cache
                              java.io.IOException: Error connecting to the managed target. Click the Back butt
                              on to login to Application Server Control Console.
                              at oracle.sysman.ias.studio.jmx.JMXTargetManager.getJMXConnection(JMXTargetManager.java:688)
                              at oracle.sysman.ias.studio.util.IASJMXUtil.getConnection(IASJMXUtil.java:303)

2006-07-04 17:25:38,853 [EMUI_17_25_38_/console/ias/oc4j/home] ERROR ias.AbstractController handleError.715 - 1152026738852: Exception occurred while calling prepareData for URL http://192.168.1.119:8888/em/console/ias/oc4j/home, query params null
                              oracle.sysman.ias.studio.sdk.IASRuntimeException: Error getting JMX connection
                              at oracle.sysman.ias.studio.sdk.SDKJMXUtil.getJMXConnection(SDKJMXUtil.java:103)
                              at oracle.sysman.ias.studio.oc4j.JMXHomeMetricsBean.fetchMetricData(JMXHomeMetricsBean.java:64)

There is an opmn/ directory at the top level, but it only contains a lib/ subdirectory with a couple of .jars in it. No opmn.xml.

I tried a fresh install. Unzipped the zip file, updated ORACLE_HOME, started the new server, got the same problem. After this I gave up and moved to a different machine. No problem there.
                              • 12. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                                larsga wrote: After this I gave up and moved to a different machine. No problem there.

I had the same problem on one computer.

I fixed this by changing the computer name to a standard name (i.e. NOT including a '_' in the name).

Another fix (not permanent) is to disconnect the computer from the network to see if logon to OEM works.
                                • 13. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                                  Anyone has made it work w/o changing computer or renaming computer?
                                  I am getting the same problem. After starting the server, if I login first and then run applications, then no any problem, but if I run any application and then to login, it throws the same error. Any help?
                                  • 14. Re: Problem with OC4J 10.1.3 standalone
                                    Yep, exactly the same problem here with XP 64-bit and oc4j_extended_101320. Does anyone know what the heck's causing this? Nobody? Really?

Happens if I do "oc4j -start" or "java -jar oc4j.jar".
                                    1 2 Previous Next