8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 12:42 PM by Rushi Shah

oraInventory location on shared $APPL_TOP

Rushi Shah

Hi,

I need some clarification about location of central inventory in Oracle EBS R12 system.

OS is RHEL 5.9
      RDBMS is 11.2.0.4
      EBS R12.1.3

There are two nodes in the application tier. One is CM node and the other is Web node with a shared $APPL_TOP between them.
      $APPL_TOP, $COMMON_TOP, 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 $ORACLE_HOMES are on the shared mount point and $INST_TOPs are on mount points local to the machine (not shared).

Now, oraInventory for each node, in my environment, resides under $INST_TOP/admin/ directory.
      Due to this we end up maintaining two separate oraInventory local to each node. And I think this is not right approach(correct me if I am wrong).
      Please let me know where the oraInventory should be placed in this scenario. I believe it should be on the shared mount point. Shouldn't it?

Also, there will be multiple copies of oraInst.loc file. One under /etc/oraInst.loc and one each under 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 $ORACLE_HOME

Shouldn't the contents of /etc and $ORACLE_HOME copies of oraInst.loc be identical? How to achieve this?