8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 6:29 AM by V. A. Nagpure

rapidclone error - RC-50014

V. A. Nagpure

Hi All,

While trying to clone our EBS 12.1.3 instance, I am getting following while running the

perl /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/clone/bin/adcfgclone.pl dbconfig  $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/HRTEST_erp.xml command:

[INSTANTIATE PHASE]

AutoConfig could not successfully instantiate the following files:

Directory: /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/HRTEST_erp

adcrdb.sh               INSTE8

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1

RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase

Earlier, I restored and recovered the database using RMAN. After that I ran the following command:

@/oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/ERP_erp/adupdlib.sql so  -- Here I should have changed ERP_erp to HRTEST_erp... I changed it after I received the above error. Can it be because of this mistake? Do I need to do the thing from scratch again?

Regards,

Vinod

• 1. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
          Pravin Takpire

Can you provide more logs/complete log. If you have not restored Oracle Home then please run autconfig rather than adcfgclone

regards

Pravin

• 2. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Search the log file for "adcrdb.sh" and you should find more details about the error. You may also need to review the alert log file for any errors.

Did you run "perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack" and created the database successfully before running the library update script as per (406982.1)?

Was "perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig [Database target context file]" run with no errors after the library update script?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 3. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
              V. A. Nagpure

Autoconfig also failed. I will upload the logs shortly.

• 4. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
                V. A. Nagpure

I am noticing two new things:

The script somehow is deleting the listener name in the listener.ora file and then it errors out that there is not listener specified in the listener.ora. Secondly, the undo_tablespace parameter value gets changed in the init.ora file and then while starting the database I get the error that there is wrong undo tablespace specified.

Yes, I ran the "perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack" and created the database successfully before running the library update script.

No, "perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig [Database target context file]" is throwing error about adcrdb.sh..

Which log should I check for more details about adcrdb.sh? I see only following messages in the /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/HRTEST_erp/ApplyDatabase_12081938.log:

[AutoConfig Error Report]

The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each

phase of its execution.  Errors are grouped by directory and phase.

The report format is:

<filename>  <phase>  <return code where appropriate>

[INSTANTIATE PHASE]

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1

RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase

Regards,

Vinod

• 5. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
                  Pravin Takpire

Hi,

search for adcrdb.sh in log file. There would be detailed log in autoconfig log

regards

Pravin

• 6. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
                    V. A. Nagpure

The autoconfig log contains following error messages:

===========================================================================

Config Tool CVMHelper started at Tue Dec 08 19:43:33 GMT+05:30 2015

Updating local context file variables for Database Tier

Getting listener port from /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/HRTEST_erp/listener.ora

Exception occurred while preseeding variables in the context file: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

StackTrace:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.CVMHelper.getCurrentPort(CVMHelper.java:601)

at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.CVMHelper.processDBTierListener(CVMHelper.java:488)

at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.CVMHelper.processLocalConfig(CVMHelper.java:771)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.preSeed2Ctx(CtxValueMgt.java:1813)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:1610)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:755)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Native Method)

at oracle.net.config.Config.getNetDir(Unknown Source)

at oracle.net.config.Config.initConfig(Unknown Source)

at oracle.net.config.Config.<init>(Unknown Source)

... 10 more

Executable : /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on Tue Dec 8 19:43:58 2015

Copyright (c) 1982, 2008, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Enter value for 3: ERROR:

ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect

descriptor

ERRORCODE = 1 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

.end err out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

ADX Database Utility

---------------------------------------------------------------

getConnectionUsingAppsJDBCConnector() -->

APPS_JDBC_URL='null'

Trying to get connection using SID based connect descriptor

getConnection() -->

sDbHost    : erp

sDbDomain  : synechron.com

sDbPort    : 1524

sDbSid     : HRTEST

sDbUser    : APPS

Trying to connect using SID...

getConnectionUsingSID() -->

JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@erp.synechron.com:1524:HRTEST

Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName

getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->

JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=erp.synechron.com)(PORT=1524))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=HRTEST)))

Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName.DomainName

getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->

JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=erp.synechron.com)(PORT=1524))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=HRTEST.synechron.com)))

ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Connection could not be obtained; returning null

-------------------ADX Database Utility Finished---------------

Verifying connection to the Database   : Could not be stablished

No Restore Profile file created.

Restore Profile utility ran successfully

adcvmlog.xml renamed to /oracle/HRTEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/HRTEST_erp/12081943/adcvmlog.xml.12081944

[AutoConfig Error Report]

The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each

phase of its execution.  Errors are grouped by directory and phase.

The report format is:

<filename>  <phase>  <return code where appropriate>

[INSTANTIATE PHASE]

[PROFILE PHASE]

AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:

afdbprf.sh              INSTE8_PRF         1

[APPLY PHASE]

AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:

adcrobj.sh              INSTE8_APPLY       1

AutoConfig is exiting with status 3

Vinod

• 7. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
                      V. A. Nagpure

One doubt: While running perl adcfgclone dbTechstack before database creation, which SID should I give to script? The source SID or the target SID? (I am changing the SID during cloning)

• 8. Re: rapidclone error - RC-50014
                        V. A. Nagpure

The issue is resolved! I suspected that something is wrong with my appsutil folder on the target, so I replaced it with source folder and it worked.