5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 2:48 PM by 3009053

adop fs_clone issue.

HI All,

I just upgraded Oracle EBS from 11i to 12.2.4. On this instance I am first time performing fs_clone. But when I execute adop phase=fs_clone command I get following error. Any idea how to resolve this issue.

===========================================================================

ADOP (C.Delta.7)

Session ID: 3

Node: erpprodapps

Phase: fs_clone

Log: /u01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/3/adop_20151209_151852.log

===========================================================================

Validating configuration on node: [erpprodapps].

Log: /u01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/3/fs_clone_20151209_151852/ERPPROD_erpprodapps

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

sh: error importing function definition for `module'

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred running "perl /u01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPValidations.pl  -contextfile=/u01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/ERPPROD_erpprodapps/appl/admin/ERPPROD_erpprodapps.xml -patchctxfile=/u01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/ERPPROD_erpprodapps/appl/admin/ERPPROD_erpprodapps.xml -phase=fs_clone -logloc=/u01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/3/fs_clone_20151209_151852/ERPPROD_erpprodapps -promptmsg=hide"

[UNEXPECTED]Error 1 occurred while Executing txkADOPValidation script on erpprodapps

[STATEMENT] Please run adopscanlog utility, using the command

"adopscanlog -latest=yes"

to get the list of the log files along with snippet of the error message corresponding to each log file.

When I checked log file I found following messages.

Use of uninitialized value $result in split at /u01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl/TXK/ADOPValidationUtils.pm line 1291.

No such file or directory at /u01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl/TXK/ADOPValidationUtils.pm line 230.

~                                                                                                                  

~                                                                                                                  

~                 

Regards,

Salahuddin.

• 1. Re: adop fs_clone issue.
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

sh: error importing function definition for `module'

For this error, please see (1595052.1), (1595626.1)

Once you reimplement the above, restart fs_clone and check then. If you hit any other errors pls collect logs as per (Doc ID 1542162.1)

No such file or directory at /u01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl/TXK/ADOPValidationUtils.pm line 230.

Does this file exist?

What are the steps/docs you followed to do the upgrade?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: adop fs_clone issue.

Followed multiple metalink documents. Main Upgrade guide follows.

Oracle® Database

Upgrade Guide 12c Release 1 (12.1)

E41397-11

Main Upgrade process follow.

1.Perform Prereqs on 11i instance.

2.Upgrade EBS fom 11i to 12.2.0

3.Upgared Database to 12c.

4.Enable online Patching.

5.Upgrade EBS from 12.2.0 to 12.2.4.

Applicatin is working fine on run file system perfectly. All technology components are working fine with 12c.

But I am first time performing this fs_clone activity on this instance but facing issue.

Yes, This file exist on the server

/u01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl/TXK/ADOPValidationUtils.pm line 230.

Regards,

Salahuddin.

• 3. Re: adop fs_clone issue.
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Can we take a look at fs_clone logs please?

Have you managed to fix the first error "sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file"?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: adop fs_clone issue.
                user12020252

I am facing the same issue after upgrading an EBS 12.2 Vision instance to 12.2.5. I found that 1291 of ADOPValidationUtils.pm line is expecting a value from the following command (line 1288), which is supposed to return full path of CONTEXT_FILE name from patch file system. However,  the command returns no result. I am still in the process to find the root cause. In my environment, the FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES table does not include record for the patch file system.

$result = $self->runSqlCmd("select distinct(PATH)||',' from FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES where NAME not in ('TEMPLATE','METADATA','config.txt')         and CTX_TYPE='A' and (status is null or upper(status) in ('S','F')) and EXTRACTVALUE(XMLType(TEXT),'//file_edition_type') = 'patch'");

A quick update,

I tried the following just now (since this is a Vision instance, I have luxury to try this),

1. Run autoconfig on the patch file system. It ran into lots of errors, but did create a record in FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES for the patch file system. Verified with the following query

select * from FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES  WHERE     NAME NOT IN ('TEMPLATE', 'METADATA', 'config.txt') AND CTX_TYPE = 'A' AND (status IS NULL OR UPPER (status) IN ('S', 'F'))

AND EXTRACTVALUE (XMLType (TEXT), '//file_edition_type') = 'patch'

2. Source the RUN file system

3. Run adop phase=fs_clone

It's still running, but passed the stage where it failed last time

- John

• 5. Re: adop fs_clone issue.

Hi John,Hussain,

Thanks. After executing autoconfig on patch top things orking fine.

Regards,

Salahuddin.